Initialization error at start up- legacy edition

by equinechelsea

Original Post

Initialization error at start up- legacy edition

★★★ Novice

So I finally was able to get mu origin to work after the help form this page, but I have another problem. When I tried to open up The Sims 4 I got a message of 

'unable to start: Initialization error at start up. [135dec40:3fbbecd0:00000064:00000000] . If anyone could help it will be amazing! Thank you 

Message 1 of 10 (668 Views)

Re: Initialization error at start up- legacy edition

Hero
@equinechelsea Do you need the legacy edition ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (659 Views)

★★★ Novice

sorry for the confusion, I already have the legacy edition on my laptop, But when I try and open it it come up with the message I stated when I first asked.

Message 3 of 10 (638 Views)

Hero
@equinechelsea Yes, but do you need it ? Legacy is not something you want if you don't need it.

Here's a few suggestions for your error: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-code-135dec40-3fbbecd0-00000064-00000000/m-p/971...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (635 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing when I try to open it

★★★ Novice

So I am having an issue with the Sims 4 whenever I try and open it. When I attempt to open it up, it will have a black screen and then it crashes and comes up with a little message saying 'initialization error at start up [135dec40:fbbecd0:00000064: 00000000]. 

Does this mean I need to use the legacy edition or is something wrong? 

If anyone can help that would be brilliant!

Message 5 of 10 (600 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing when I try to open it

Hero
@equinechelsea Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (571 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here you go!

Message 7 of 10 (566 Views)

Hero
@equinechelsea you don't need the legacy edition as such but since you have < 4 GB of RAM at your disposal, the game might suggest it's better you use it.

Don't think that has anything to do with the initialization error you're getting.

Have you tried reinstalling your vc++ redistributables and the other suggestions in the link posted above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (550 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried doing everything in that post and still got the same messaging popping up :/ 

Message 9 of 10 (536 Views)

Hero
@equinechelsea Unfortunately as said, I don't really have any other suggestions for this error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (524 Views)