Ingame sound muffled

by Franstntn

Original Post

Ingame sound muffled

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Listen to ingame sound while playing
What happens when the bug occurs? Since installing Strangerville my Sims voices are very muffled. The NPC's are fine but when scrolling over to any one of my sims the sound is barely audible. The ambient sound is also very low.
What do you expect to see? Be able to hear sound as it should be
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Strangerville

Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (1,494 Views)

Re: Ingame sound muffled

Hero

Hi @Franstntn 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Are you using head sets or speakers ? Do you have the other from what your using now you could test to see if you have the same effect ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,465 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict 

I mainly use headphones and I have tried with a few different ones and also using speakers. It seems to just be in StrangerVille that this is happening and the sound comes and goes. I first noticed it when my sims was using the new training bot.

Message 3 of 7 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Franstntn

This is some error associated with the wrong voice setting in the headphones. Tell this sim to sing and you will not see any of this error. You will hear him perfectly.
You can try to fix the game but I do not think it will help.

Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

Voice settings in the headphones are factory set. In my game, it's the same.

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (1,442 Views)

★ Guide

I think the problem has something to do with the earbuds that came with the Fitness Stuff Pack.

Message 5 of 7 (1,411 Views)

Hero

Could you post a video with sound of what you're hearing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,397 Views)

★ Guide

Yes there’s definitely a problem with the in game headphones that came with the fitness stuff pack. When the headphones are placed in the family inventory the Sims voice will go back to how it should be, but when headphones are being used or not even being used but are in the sims inventory the sims voice will either be very quiet or just not heard at all.

Message 7 of 7 (1,300 Views)