- last edited
For the latest patch notes of The Sims 4 please check out:
Want to know about the most recent updates to The Sims 4? Keep checking back for the latest patch notes!
Update: 03/22/2016 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
How is everything?
We have a small bit of something here in this release… and I know, reading your responses to the announcement, that there are some questions. So, let me see if I can give you some information.
First off, let’s talk about the new stuff. It’s Spring, and there is a Spring Challenge!
Jasmine Holiday, our new Challenge Coordinator, is waiting for you at the community gardens found in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. And she is looking for your help in gathering growfruit… turns out she needs a lot.
Bring her 20 growfruit and she’ll give you a new planter. Bring her a perfect growfruit, and she’ll give you the bedazzled planter. Jasmine also has a limited supply of super fertilizer that she is willing to share with you to help you grow that perfect growfruit.
We’ve also added back the Egg Challenge from last year. Now with 2 new eggs added to the mix. Gather all 12 from around the world to unlock a stuffed bunny!
Ok, so the couple of questions that may come to mind (or did already get asked), that I can help address here.
Other questions that may come up…
We also have some issues that have been addressed:
Wishing you enjoyment in game and out,
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome
July 2015 - last edited April 2016
Update: 02/04/2016 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
Happy 16th Anniversary!
Yep, 16 years this February 4th! Amazing! And we have a few throwbacks to celebrate the 16 years of the Sims!
From the early days… when you were amazed your Sims didn’t burn to death just pouring a bowl of chips, we bring you memories of those trying times with the Tragic Clown Painting!
…as we step forward, looking into the second iteration of the Sims, you will find the Grilled Cheese Aspiration!
…and into the third installment, we bring to you, The Kleptomaniac Trait!
In addition to our throwback memories…
You can now Hire a Gardener from the Hire a Service option in the phone menu.
And there is a new 16th Anniversary print found in Build Mode. Search up “Let there be Plumbobs!” and you’ll find this high gloss print with its’ 15 plumbobs staring right back at you!
Also Twitter! Share screenshots, gallery uploads, and achievements directly to Twitter.
And we have also improved your ability to find and filter modded content.
Oh yea, almost forgot – we liked the trick items far too much not to give them away also! You can now find the Boneyard, Buyer Beware, and Stoar the Bearded Trickster Door in Build Mode.
But we can’t have just new stuff, not without cleaning up some of the old stuff. So what’d we do to the old?
The Sims 4 Get to Work
The Sims 4 Get Together
The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff
Happy Anniversary, happy Simming, happy, happy, joy, something something… and thank you for everything!
Update: 01/07/2016 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
Happy year of the new, Simmers!
We have a short and sweet release this fine 7th of January, like a New Year’s Eve peck – just a quick welcome to 2016!
Around the corner, I hear Sims are prepping the popcorn for their movie relaxations (just remember, if the bunny in the woods is too much, just call on the super kids to battle the dancing undead).
And with that warning out of the way, we have a bit of NEW…
… And have addressed a few Issues…
I hope you had a pleasant December, and wish you joy as we move into the beginnings of this new year.
Update: 12/17/2015 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
Update: 12/17/2015 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
This is SimGuruGnome on the Issue-Chop Express and I’m writin’ to whoever’s readin’.
It’s like I told the last public relations rep, I says “SimGuruDrake, I never write more than I can read. Besides that, it’s all in the spellchecker.”
But just listen to the Issue-Chop Express and take the Gnome’s advice. When some wild-eyed Sim wanders by, knocks on your front door and asks you “Sul sul, plerg majah bliff?” You just stare them back in the eye and remember what the Gnome always says.
“Plerg majah bliff? Neeshga, voo oonapa oonsosh…”
So, what have we done?
Thanks again for listenin’ to the Issue-Chop Express, and take this advice on a stormy night, when the game’s playin’, the music’s roarin’, and the data’s downloadin’ in sheets as thick as a bunch of streaming green numbers, letters, and symbols (because that’s what the pattern looks like). Remember what old SimGuruGnome does when the neighborhood shakes with life, and the abductions come from the sky, and the pillars of the Goth’s estate quake. Yeah, SimGuruGnome just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and says “Gimme your best ob-la-di pal. Ob-la-da… ob-la-da.”
Until next time,
Update: 12/04/2015 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
How is everyone? It’s the holiday season… have you been good?
…you know, nobody ever really defined for me the limits of good in the context of the holiday seasonal question of naughty or nice. I was mostly good… I hope.
Anyway, given that I have also failed to define “good” for you, we have plenty of gifts to pass around no matter what your naughty/nice standing may be with the polar ice powers.
So, on with the unwrapping… what’d you get?
But wait… there’s more!
…we have a few issues we have been looking into as well.
But that’s not all?
General (Create A Sim)
The Sims 4 Get to Work
The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff
Well, that’s about it for now… I hope that you have a wonderful December.
[/sappiness warning] Remember that it is better to give than to receive. Go out and give. [/end of sappiness]
Thank you for your time and attention… and Happy Holidays to you!
Oops, I guess there is more… some post Release Notes notes…
I wanted to take a moment to speak directly to one of our most important issues.
We have listened to your feedback on culling and performance. And we have been, and will continue to address these issues, and have a group dedicated to them.
Some of the work they have been doing recently has been focused on optimizing load times, reducing memory usage, and increasing performance… but what about culling? Well, it turns out culling happens because of the need of those three items: load times, memory usage, and performance.
These are some of the specific issues we have addressed recently, all with the goal of making the game stable, performant, and enjoyable. Please know that we are always looking at performance, culling, memory, and load time optimization issues among our highest priority issues. And while we can’t always speak to them, we are always appreciative of your feedback.
Update: 11/03/2015 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
Hey Trick and Treaters!
Did your team win? Did your Sims trick, treat… or a little bit of both?
I know what I wanted to win!
I didn’t win…
It’s alright though... I’ll… *sniff*… I’ll carry on. Maybe someday…
But wait, have you seen the Gummie Fish in your game yet? Or the Bonefish? No? Why are you reading this?! Go play now!
Oh… but you only got one? I’ve heard rumors that Gummies and Bone fishies are natural enemies, and can often be found in the same fishing spots…
Well, I hope you had fun with the challenge. And now - The rewards!
But wait – is there more?
We’ve heard tell that repairing is tedious, tiresome… now, you can call the Repair Service any time, day or night, to fix up your broken this and that’s… for a small fee of course.
We have also addressed a handful of issues (if you could figuratively hold a single issue upon a finger, then there is literally a handful of addressed issues in this release).
Thank you so much for all of your participation in the October Challenge! I hope you had as much fun with it in game, as we did watching the challenge play out.
Until next time,
Update: 09/24/2015 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
Update: 09/24/2015 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
An early Boo for you Simmers!
There seems to be some Spooky Stuff skulking in the shadows just around the corner, but before we peek into the candy bowl, we have a few treats for you in today’s release!
Don’t cry… I’ll tell you what’s new.
I know, I’m excited about the fixed issues too!
Get to Work
Perfect Patio Stuff
Cool Kitchen Stuff
Thank you for your feedback, keep the tricks and treats coming, and happy Simming,
Posted on behalf of SimGuruGnome who is plotting on how to steal candy from that tricky Spooky Candy Bowl
Update: 09/01/2015 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
We've got a small handful of fixes to share this week. Now rest assured more fixes are _always_ in progress, but since these were ready to release we wanted to get them out.
That's it for this week. Thank you again for all your reports. All of these issues were pulled from community feedback and there are many more in the pipeline. Together we're making the game better.
Update: 08/06/2015 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
Happy August everyone! Summer heat abounds, ice cream is afoot, and it’s patch day!
We are days away from Cool Kitchen Stuff, and delivering frozen treats to Sims of all ages! And what could be better than bowls and bowls of half-eaten, melted ice cream littering the counters and tabletops of your Sims? Ice cream cones of course! …and maybe a dishwasher to help clean up the place.
So, you said Dishwashers?
Indeed, found within the Kitchen Appliances sort, or by searching for “dishwasher”, you can add to your Sims home an appliance made for the sole purpose of washing your dishes – a Dishwasher!
The dishwasher is slotted easily within your already manicured homes into any non-island counter.
Scrubbing at the sink is for the powerless!
Did you fix my issue?
I hope that we did, but if we didn’t please let us know. Here are the issues we did look into however…
Get to Work
May you always find ice cream when you seek it, garnish when you need it, and toppings for all your flavors,
Update: 07/28/2015 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
Today we are releasing a small, but focused update to address two specific issues that have been affecting some folks. This update would not have been possible without your help and support. To everyone who contributed save files and participated in bug threads on the forums and Answers HQ, you have our sincere thanks!
"Can't Make Friends" a.k.a. "Relationship Stuck At Impartial"
Sims should now be able to change their relationship status normally with all other Sims.
"Map Reload Issue" a.k.a. "Loading a lot kicks me back to the map"
This should be fixed for most players, and you should now be able to visit problem lots once again. This actually turned out to be a few different issues that all had the same result. In each case some sequence of events would put a lot into a 'bad' state, and the game would essentially run back to the safety of the map screen. We believe we've fixed the most common causes of this effect, but there may be other methods that might scare the game away. If you encounter a new one, please share!
Thank you again for your continued support and participation!
Update: 07/09/2015 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
Please relax. If you desire, grab a towel, be comfortable. Have some herbal tea. The music is set to zen. And our minds are free to mingle with the universe, as we contemplate the mixing of 1s and 0s in this update. We allow ourselves to submerge into our subconscious, as we along with the data, flow together to form all new outcomes.
Ahhhm feeling very one with you right now. The time is ready. Let us find out “the new”.
*sneezes* Whelp, there goes my zen. Oh well…
Half Walls! Not Full Walls!
I’m not sure why we call them half walls, as that would imply we are just giving you one size… a half wall. But we’ve got five sizes for you! So they really are more like Not Full-Wall Walls.
To begin building with your very own Not Full-Wall Walls:
You can replace existing walls or draw your own half walls, similar to fences. Once you have placed a half wall, you can texture the wall using Wall Patterns, or modify the trim piece from the Half Wall Trims catalog.
Sims can now lock their doors!
Some new things!
World and Venue Interface Oooverhaul
It’s been proven through statistical manipulation that if you use really big sounding words to describe something, it sounds awesome! That said, this is pretty awesome!
The Lot Info Panel layout has been updated
The World Maps have a new button next to them to View World Info. From within
General (Crash / Performance / Critical)
General (Tuning / Interface)
Get to Work
Much appreciation, happy relaxation, and thank you for your continued dedication to The Sims,
Update: 06/11/2015 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
It’s Thursday! There’s some exciting Stuff happening just around the corner, and we have a release to release to you… in this release. So, stretch out to a new world, welcome your Sims with a little fruitcake, and draw up a room where you can place a chair to sit in, in order to relax, if that is your inclination, or perhaps you’re more of an on the edge of your seat type of person, in which case you shouldn’t sit back, because that wouldn’t really make sense…
Um, what’s new!?
We have heard the cries from the mountain tops for space (“My Sims need space!” <- see right there). And so, welcome to Newcrest! Fifteen lots await your creative hand to build to your desire. OR if you are less inclined to build from scratch, jump into the Gallery and populate your world from your fellow Simmers’ creations. Some have already built some amazing lots, just search for #BuildNewcrest.
The return of the Welcome Wagon! Have you been finding it difficult to break the ice with your neighbors? Can’t seem to get anyone to come to the door and engage in a deep conversation about dinosaurs or your insecurities? Now when you move in to a new lot, your neighbors* will arrive with a welcoming smile and a pound of fruitcake.
*Please note: fruit cake, welcoming smile, and inviting neighbors require neighbors.
And to answer the unanswerable question of where does a lawn ornament go when their time is up, the Reagnomper gnome has been seen skulking about the Build catalog.
Tutorials have been given a facelift! Introductory dialogs now provide context as to the mode or lesson being taught, and allow you to skip a portion of the tutorial that you may already be familiar with.
A new tool, the Custom Room Tool, is now in Build Mode. This tool will allow you to draw your own room shapes.
And what about issues we’ve fixed?
Issues (Get to Work)
Issues (Luxury Party Stuff)
Much appreciation for your time, feedback, and patience,
Update: 05/14/2015 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
We know it’s only been a short while since our most recent release. We have just a small update here as we are getting ready for the up and coming release of The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack.
So, what have we got for you?
Sims that your household knows can call you up and invite you to some of their events!
Sims in a relationship might get a phone call to go on a date. Your child’s friends might ask them over for a play date. Or your “ready to age up, but not yet aged up” friends can call to ask you join them for their birthday party*.
*If you have aging turned off in the options panel, this will not invalidate that option. However, if you attend the birthday party, the Sim throwing the party will age up as a result of the party.
And we addressed a couple… well I mean, a couple is two, right? Yea, and a few is more than a couple, while some is more than a few? And several is greater than… yea ok, I got it. We fixed some issues. Some, yea, some is good.
Btw, did you know that if you add just one letter to a sentence with ‘few’, it alters the meaning significantly:
Update: 05/04/2015 – PC Version 18.104.22.1680 / Mac Version 22.214.171.1240
It’s May, and I’ve got a bag full of fixes… wait that’s more of a December reference. I’ve got a shower of fixes for… that’s April.
May is Autumn and Spring (depending on where you live). It’s the beginning of the end of another school year. It’s the end of an egg-citing challenge. It’s May the 4th be with you! And it’s when I have a whole bunch of updates to share with you in this release!
I’m really sorry about the egg pun. It’s best if we both could just forget it ever happened and move along…
What’s on the New side of things?
• We have replaced the loading screen with a lighter more lively loading screen.
o “Going with the loading screen right out of the gate on the notes, huh?”
• The Bunny Egg Hunt is no longer available in game. Your logs will once again contain no eggs, but frogs. Your mailboxes, the home of drab, eggless bills. And collectible confection creations will no longer be found beneath the weeds of your gardens.
o All of the object rewards (eggs and bunny) are yours!
o And, all of the object rewards can be found in the Build catalog (unlocked or behind the hidden objects cheat).
o Thank you for your participation!
• Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
o Strawberries and Pop music (one, the other, or both) seem to lead to more baby girls.
o Carrots and Alternative music to more baby boys.
• A new “?” icon is available in the Plan a Social Event interface. Hover over it to learn about the requirements that a particular Role has for the event being planned.
• Some new outfits are in Create a Sim. Open up Styled Looks to quickly find Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Aayla Secura!
o And May the 4th be with you!
• Aliens have adapted to the Simish ways and are now have access to the full Create a Sim catalog!
o And by full we mean everything except skin details, because they are aliens after all.
Issues (Crash / Freeze)
• Fixed a crash that could occur when using the wall block tool in Build Mode.
• We fixed an issue stated that "Normal gameplay cannot be resumed if user Exits to Main Menu while aging up an infant." We fixed this issue, but I have to wonder… were you able to resume abnormal gameplay?
• Fixed a memory leak that was keeping too many audio resources loaded in memory which could have caused crashes during extended game sessions.
• Fixed a freeze that could occur if two transitions were set to occur on top of one another, such as one Sim is about to travel, while the other Sim is about to enter Create a Sim to plan an outfit.
• I know that part of my responsibility is to interpret the issues for you in a way that makes sense but sometimes… We fixed an issue that could "… cause the client to enter a hang when trying to move a not currently in the world household that was previously transferred into a new household via household management onto an already occupied lot via the Move In option." You're welcome.
• Dragging an Activity Table drawing from the table to a wall, will properly display the drawing against the wall.
• Cancelling an interaction will now properly satisfy the tutorial request to cancel an interaction.
• Testing cheatsare now saved per household.
o This means that once you turn on ‘testingcheats true’ they will remain enabled until you decide to turn them off with the 'testingcheats false' command.
o This includes through travel, save, quit, restart, a weekend at your grandmothers, an afternoon at the beach, or just because you needed some space. Because you were tired of always having to come up with new answers when your Sims would look at you and ask “What are you thinking about?”
• Child labor laws have required that we remove the ability for children to throw away food from the grill.
o Turns out that the current labor laws have difficulty with children working with potentially dangerous outdoor open flame grilling appliances… even if it just makes sense for little Billy who is right next to the grill to clean it, rather than dad having to put down his beverage, get up from his comfortable chair... oh for the…
• Sims with the Fresh Chef trait will no longer make food that spoils, just like the trait says… turns out they have all just been lying to us!
• Maids should be more responsive while on the job, and no longer stand around doing nothing while they charge you an hourly wage.
• You will no longer be required to watch your hired maid perform their duties in order to ensure you are getting the service you paid for. Maids will now properly clean your home, even if you aren't there! It's like a whole new world out there folks…
• Maids will no longer appear at work in their everyday outfit, but will be dressed appropriately.
• Be aware that Maids have long wanted to clean up those salvage piles left everywhere, and have decided to forgo your desire to "get around to it" and will now just throw it all away.
• Tend Garden will no longer bully its way to the front of your action queue, but instead will wait its turn like all the other actions… except for that pesky death one, and the fire one, oh oh and the bladder fail one. And maybe a few others. But other than those, it will wait its turn like all the rest.
• Treadworthy stairs that are placed indoors will no longer have a missing bottom step.
• Pool lights will now consistently illuminate nearby Sims, rather than blinking them in and out of shadow.
• Sims that you invited to play chess with you will no longer remain stuck at the chess table for an unusually long period of time after you leave.
• Using the fence tool to place a fence, will now properly preview when hovered over a wall that has a counter against it.
• Sims will no longer think of an empty thought bubble upon returning from adoption.
o While we understand the adoption process can be mentally draining, emotionally challenging, and physically tiring, we felt that the Sim would still have a thought to express upon returning.
On a side note, does anyone know if the rule of three is still in effect when expressing an idea? I only recently learned of the Oxford comma change, and the single space vs double space debate, that I feel the need for a refresher course.
• It is now possible to re-enable super speed 3 when your Sim is at work, if you had previously slowed the speed.
• Hosting a dinner party will now allow you to hire a caterer.
• The hidden achievement (which I can neither verify nor deny the existence of), Problem Child, will now properly be rewarded to teen Sims who have reached level 10 in the Mischief skill… assuming this is a real achievement.
• The Mod Pod Twin Sleeper will no longer re-energize the sleeping Sim as quickly.
o The uncomfortable craftsmanship was only recently discovered beneath the mattress.
• The eyedropper now properly highlights floor tiles within a block.
• Child Sims who are already “A”student’s will no longer be required to slack off at school in order to successfully satisfy the Achieve a Grade of "A" at School aspiration goal.
• Fixed an issue where switching from low graphic settings to higher graphic settings without restarting was causing shadows to become blocky.
• We fixed an issue where a Sim, who was on their way to take a bath, that encountered a pool in their way, would decide to skinny dip their way to the bathtub. This will no longer occur.
• The Cutlass of Light color choices now properly reflect the objects color when placed in world.
• Professional Athletes using the Study Opponents interaction will no longer build random skills while doing so.
• All trash cans in Willow Creek should now allow Sims to place trash within their waiting maw.
• Fixed an issue that was loading the incorrect save file after all the Sims had died in a household, and the player chose to save their game.
• Be aware that we fixed an issue with relationship decay between household Sims.
o Sims in the same household were not showing any relationship decay between one another unless one of them traveled. We fixed this issue, and now relationship decay will occur as intended.
• Fixed an issue with the male jaw tagging that prevented randomly generated Sims from having diversity in their jaw shape.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Sims arm to become stuck, if they were told to throw away the same bag of trash they were already throwing away.
• We fixed an issue in Create a Sim that was causing one particular female asset (a sweatshirt wrapped around the Sims waist) to appear graphically corrupt when paired with some boot assets.
• You will no longer have the option to throw away everything on a salvage pile, if it is the only salvage pile available. It turns out throw away and throw away everything are the same thing when there is only one thing. Things you learn.
• The whim to "Write a Jingle" can now also be completed by using the "Write a Jingle" interaction on the violin.
• Fixed an issue that was causing mirrors to lose their reflectivity when they were too close to the camera position. This was easily seen when using the Take Photo option, but could also occur in 1st person mode.
• Sims will now become jealous if the target of the jealousy was not the initiating Sim, as well as if they were.
o Meaning Sims will become jealous if the Sim they are jealous of is the kissee or the kisser.
• Fixed an issue with the selection tool in build mode that would create invalid pick options when the camera was zoomed all the way out.
• Fixed an issue that could result in your lot becoming zebra stripped if you attempted to move the lot after changing the wall height of a selected basement room.
• Fixed an issue that was pushing corner columns out of the corners if the block they were attached to was divided by the wall tool.
• OK, we fixed an issue where *takes a moment to contemplate how to explain* if a room is placed on the second sub-basement floor beneath a fountain on the ground floor, and a Sim is standing on the sub-basement floor, and then you remove that floor, the Sim would become stuck inside the fountain. The Sim will no longer become stuck in the fountain.
• Fixed an issue that was resetting Sims seated at the bar if the player modified the lot via Build Mode.
• The Photo Studio will now properly appear charred if it has been or is currently on fire. But not if it will be on fire.
• Fixed an issue that could result in the Sim route failing when told to Dig a rock collectible.
• Placing a lot from the Gallery on a lot larger than the originally uploaded lot, while the Move Objects cheat is active, will no longer cause the objects inside of rooms to shift out of place.
• The Watch Fireplace Channel whim can now be properly completed.
• Fixed an issue that could fail to load to a Gallery Room when clicking on a Spotlight Banner for that room.
• We fixed an invalid romantic relationship issue
o The Kiss Quick action is what is referred to as a "quick" social that occurs autonomously between Sims in a relationship, and between family members. The social was mistakenly tagged with a romantic relationship bump, which resulted in the incorrect behavior. The romance bump has been removed.
• Fixed a Gallery connection issue that could occur as a result of the interface getting into a bad state. Pretty vague, huh? Yep.
• Fixed an issue that would cause pools to attempt to place on the basement level, if you picked one up and rotated it.
• Fixed an issue that was preventing you from changing the hair or eyebrow color if the "Match Hair" option was on.
• Fixed an issue that could result in a bill being delivered to a household but no notification appearing.
• You should no longer see the "Visit My Packs to learn more about The Sims 4 packs." tutorial if you have already seen it. By the way, did you know you can Visit My Packs to learn more about The Sims 4 packs?
• Cook books can now be published.
• Fixed an issue with the Sim Inventory scrollbar that would cause the inventory to become inaccessible in certain circumstances. You should now be able to scroll up and down.
• Text and name fields in the Gallery can now be copied, pasted, and cut…ed.
• Notifications that end in punctuation will now properly fit in the chat bubble, rather than the punctuation appearing ostracized outside of the bubble.
• The relationship panel will sort the most recently interacted with Sim to the front of the panel.
• The Sim Aged Up dialog that appears when… um, Sims age up, will no longer be four times as large as it needs to be.
• Now when a child or teen is missing school, we no longer show a briefcase icon… because apparently not every school child carries a briefcase to work, despite the fashionable appearance and ease of accessibility that make them perfect for just about any occasion.
• Chess interactions that are not available when the Sim is very uncomfortable will now properly grey out in the pie menu. Or... will now properly gray out in the pie menu. Your choice really.
• Tooltips for actions your Sim can take while at school will now properly reference school in their descriptions.
• Hovering over a Sim in the relationship panel will now change the background color to indicate that there is a clickable action available.
• We removed the tooltips from the painting interactions that all said the same thing
o The purpose of a tooltip is to provide additional information about a thing that you could not already get from the original expression of the thing.
o In this case the tooltip essentially said Thing? Thing.
• Opening the load game dialog will no longer default to the auto save, it will now default to your last explicitly saved game.
• The ‘Include Custom Content’ filter will now remember its setting when the gallery is closed and reopened.
• The career information that appears in the relationship panel for Sims who do not have jobs, will not show that they are working 24/7.
• Career and Miscellaneous Styled Rooms now have their own sort in the Styled Rooms catalog.
A random pause…
I was reading to my child the other night and he looked up to me confused after this one part I had read, and I realized… he had no idea what a record was.
Issues (Get to Work)
• Fixed an issue where parts of a basement ceiling placed beneath a pool or fountain would disappear.
• We added a “flair” to the Perks button in the Retail Panel to indicate that you have enough points to spend on your first perk purchase.
o I think this finally puts us above the 15 pieces of flair requirement.
• Customers will now browse more often when they come to your retail establishment, rather than using it as the new socialization hot spot.
• Retail perks that you can't afford will now explain to why you can't afford them.
• Selling photos using the Sell Photo interaction will now sell the photos for the same value as listed in their hover tip.
• Perhaps you noticed that when you apply a filter to your photography the image would shift by half a pixel. Fear not friends, you can no longer notice that half pixel shift, for it has been removed.
• The Sim taking the picture will no longer leave floating objects in front of the camera lens.
• Fixed an issue that could result in S.O.U.P’s (Sims of Unusual Proportions) if a child Sim was aged up while it was a patient at the hospital.
• Cancelling the Get Confession action will no longer prevent the Interrogate a Suspect goal from properly completing.
• Fixed an issue that could result in duplicate options appearing under the "Assign Task…" menu for employee Sims.
• Employees who run out of work tasks to perform will no longer behave in ways that make it confusing to know if they are still working, or just hanging out at work.
• Employees and customers are now less chatty and more buy-ey.
• Sims at their careers will no longer be abducted by aliens.
• Fixed an issue that could prevent a new advertising campaign from being purchased when the previous one ended.
• Your Sims can now use their purchases immediately upon purchase.
• Sims will no longer be allowed to set a Cupcake Factory for sale that is currently in use.
• Fixed an issue that could prevent Sims from decorating their baked goods when they want to do so.
• Employees will now proactively clean any object that can get dirty, take out trash, and mop when they have been instructed to Clean the Store.
• The ability to purchase new advertising was appearing while the old advertising was still active, thus allowing the Sim to purchase an indefinite number of times without any added benefit. This is issue is now fixed.
• Objects that are set for a sale price of zero Simoleons will now have customers showing up to purchase them.
o Oddly enough, customers were under the impression it was a marketing ploy, and that the bait and switch was going to have them signing up for a time share in some far off land, after sitting through a seven hour presentation on the up and coming Arctic opportunities.
• Fixed an issue that could result in no suspects being shown with some clue combinations.
• Customers will no longer swipe twice when making a purchase from a retail shop, or shoppe, or … well I guess it really depends on the presence you were hoping to create. Perhaps what you were really going for was an emporium of sorts. Ah, now that's the way to go.
• You will no longer be able to buy a retail lot while on an active career lot.
• Sims will no longer buy lots autonomously. They just don’t have those kind of privileges yet, not until they can prove that they understand how to manage their finances, and not just frivolously spend all their money on candy, video games, and three story retail business parks.
• Aliens are now possible to hear when audio settings are set to Headphone, 5.1, or 7.1 Speaker settings. "Understanding Alien 1.0" is only available for a limited time however, so please call now, operators are standing by.
• Changing the lot type of any lot will no longer invalidate the employment of all employees at owned retail lots.
o “The library is now a museum? Great… there go all the jobs in the neighborhood.”
Issues (Outdoor Retreat)
• Sims will no longer roast a large yellow blocky looking object when roasting veggie dogs at the campfire.
o It’s not a tuber.
• Adding a campfire to a lot will no longer break auto lights.
• Child Sims will no longer electric slide backwards 1/2 a foot after exiting the tent.
• Fixed an issue that could result in an odd looking visual FX ribbon following children after performing the Tell Adventure Story interaction.
• Sims playing with the Campfire, will now place the stick in the fire, rather than just wave it nearby in a semi-threatening fashion, “I’ll get you fire! You and your little embers too!”
• Fixed an issue on where zooming in on medium quality graphic settings would cause shadows to disappear.
• Fixed an issue that could occur on some configurations that resulted in a crash after changing graphic quality to high.
• You will now be able to scroll with the mouse wheel when in the game options on the Mac.
And as always, you have our deepest gratitude and appreciation,
Update: 03/26/2015 – PC Version 126.96.36.1990 / Mac Version 188.8.131.520
It’s the end of March and Get to Work is inches away from your fingertips. However, but before you work your way into a new expansion, we’ve got a release full of stuff.
We’ve got NEW! We’ve got UPDATES! We’ve got Bunny Eggs? We’ve got performance improvements! We’ve got fixes! And hopefully you are comfortable as you read on.
So, let’s jump in with…
What’s new for building?
What’s new in the game?
What’s new in content?
What’s new in The Gallery?
A Challenge you say?
The Bunny Egg Hunt is on! For the month of April, you will be able to hunt and search out 10 decorative eggs, each with a different design – found in various locations in the world (some might say an egg lays with the frogs). As you collect each egg, your collection information will update in the Household Collection panel. You can collect multiples of the same design but they don’t contribute to your Collection.
Collect all 10 of the different designs to unlock a reward… it’s big, it’s stuffed, and it might be a bunny. But I’m not confirming this information.
Well, that’s about it. Except, there is more… do you want the rest? Better start reading.
The development team has been hard at work making performance improvements to various systems in the game. Some are the low level, under the hood type that will shave a millisecond here or there, some are a bit more. I’ll do my best to keep the technical jargon to a minimum.
In addition to all the new content, features, and performance improvements being added with this release, we have fixed a few issues.
A moment of randomness. I feel every day should have at least one. Stand up and cheer for no reason. Go ahead, do it. Have you ever walked near someone, and just said something completely random (“oh, the salad fork has two tines!”) as if it were a forgone conclusion, smile to yourself as though you had solved a significant issue by coming to this conclusion, and walked on without further need to speak? It’ll make you, and them, smile.
And now back to our release notes currently in progress…
As always, we are greatly in awe of the Sims community. Thank you for your time and feedback.
Update: 03/10/2015 – PC Version 184.108.40.2060 / Mac Version 220.127.116.110
March is upon us, Get to Work is pushing against the door, and the color green shall soon reach a pinnacle of popularity, if only for a day. And we have an update ready to release.
It’s a small update that fixes a few crashes for Mac and PC that the community has helped us track down and reproduce. And a little bit of content.
What’s new? It’s St. Patrick’s Day or St. Paddy’s Day, (as I learned this week, it’s not St. Patty’s… who knew?)! Top off your Sim with a bit o’tha green by plopping on a new hat for your male and female Sims, found in Create a Sim. And a new gnome has joined us! Search for the Bare Essentials Gnome to adorn your abode.
Thank you all for the save files, feedback, and help we get in narrowing down issues, and improving on The Sims 4 experience for everyone!
Crash / Performance (General)
Crash / Performance (Mac)
Much appreciation and admiration,
Update 02/20/2015 - Version 18.104.22.1680 (Mac only)
The Sims 4 has been released for the Mac! Woo-yea! But you knew that, and we’re really happy to see folks having fun with the Sims on their platform of choice!
We have also been listening to feedback, and have heard the reports of some players using Mods and Custom Content that are experiencing problems (polite way of saying crashes), and we have some fixes ready to go!
More details about these fixes and some workarounds for other custom content issues can be found in the forum post “Issues with Mods and CC in The Sims 4 on Mac.”
Update: 02/03/2015 – Version 22.214.171.1240
Greetings Simmers and Happy 15 Anniversary!
Let us set the clock back to the early days of The Sims 4, when times were simpler…. when…
…our fore-coders released upon the digital landscape light on the Sims, and their brothers, their sisters, mothers, fathers, step-relations, half-brothers and sisters, and spouses. And the Sims, for a time, were happy. But only for a time, for soon their families grew. Brothers and sisters moved out, parents passed on, and grandparents were surprisingly spry and long lived. New members of the family were showing up every day (the loved and un-loved alike). And the Sims called to one another lost, seeking guidance…
“Are you my brother? I have forgotten your face, and don’t remember your name.” The Sims were unable to claim connection to one another, for their memories had become as holes in a block of Swiss cheese.
And thus it was, until now…
Genealogy is here! Explore the lineage of your Sims, their names, faces, and relationships! Remember who they are to one another!
Return with your Sim, and travel through the branches of their family … David from down the street is a half-brother to Stephanie, the long lost granddaughter of Two-chins, the homeless guy in the park who is the father of Angelina the bartender, who is your sister... and there was much rejoicing.
In addition to traveling through the lineage of your Sims, with this update you can now dress up Grandma Betty in some new Valentine’s clothing, or just hang around with a gnome and a bear.
We’ve also addressed a few bugs, including the map bounce issue, and, for all those Sims who spent their lifetimes waiting to be served, bartenders are fixed!
We greatly appreciate the feedback, the save files, and all the help in narrowing down issues as they arise.
Crash / Performance
Build / Graphics
Gameplay / Tuning
UI / Interface Updates
The Sims Outdoor Retreat
Thank you for all your feedback, your help, and your time,
Update: 12/16/2014 – Version 126.96.36.1990
Happy Holidays, Decemberings, and other end of the year tidings! The office illnesses have come and gone (for me) and things are looking up for a festive year end. And just for you, we have an update filled with new careers, holiday goodies, Gallery fun-ness, some cheats, a gnome on the go, a few holiday tunes, interface updates, and a bug or two squashed!
As this is a bit long on the details, and in an effort to keep it brief, I’ll cut my monologue short. So, without further ado, on with the datums!
The Big NEW
The Not Quite as Big New
The Gallery New
The Cheaty-Face New
Build / Graphics
Crash / Performance
Gameplay / Tuning
UI / Interface Updates
Thank you for all your feedback, keep it coming!
Update: 11/4/2014 – Version 188.8.131.52
It’s time to go swimming! November, sunshine, swimming, splashing, the warmth of the su… well, we are international, so it’s sunny for some. Anyway, Pools are here! And your Sims are ready to jump in and splash around!
Build out your dream home (with pool included) or head to the Gallery to find the wondrous creations of your fellow S(w)immers , and spend the day with your Sims by the poolside!
In addition to releasing Pools in this update, we have also spent time fixing some bugs and continuing to enhance the game:
Our players have been instrumental in helping us track down the small eye, wide jaw issue that was interfering with some Sims as they aged up both in Live Mode and in Create a Sim. Working with the community, and our internal quality assurance group, we have reverted the tuning as Sims changed ages that resulted in a shrinking of the eyes, and a widening of the jaw. It is intentional that Sims change slightly as they age but the tuning we were using wasn’t performing as we expected as of yet. Thank you once again for your patience and diligence in helping us resolve this
Crashes / Performance
Tuning / Graphics
Thank you for everything
Update: 10/21/2014 – Version 1.0.797.20
UI / Text
Welcome to October 1st, Patch Day! First off we would like to say thank you for all of the help we have received from the community in identifying and tracking down issues. We love listening and learning from all that you do, and are always striving to make The Sims 4 the most solid game it can be. We love your stories and we greatly appreciate all your help! We have a lot to share about what’s new, some fixes, and what have we done to your game? So, let’s go!
Ghosts! Ready to go and in your game, just jump in and start killing your Sims! Well, I mean, you can… nicely kill them? Or just lock them in a room for a couple days, um, without any food or water. That’s one way to do it, but will take a while so if you’re really impatient maybe just set them on fire. Oh, this isn’t going well. Look, if you happen to see a ghost, however he or she got there, and we aren’t judging, then you can experience all new interactions like “Ghost Scare,” “Ghost Repair,” or “Pass Through”, new whims, and new behaviors as they float happily, angrily, or howeverily about!
Before you go out hunting for ghosts, why not head into Create a Sim where you can find some incredible costumes from the Star Wars universe! How can you go wrong with a Yoda child ghost Sim in a Happy mood sitting on a rooftop balcony looking down upon a young adult who has just completed some sort of epic universe saving event? You can’t. Yoda, Leia, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader costumes await you in Create a Sim!
With the addition of ghosts, even the gnomes are not safe from the call of the Netherworld. “The Ghastly Ghostly Gnome” has scared his way into your Build catalog, eagerly awaiting a place in your home!
We have identified a few more of our harder to track down crash issues, some tuning fixes, a couple new cheats, and a smattering of other fixes! Here are the details…
Cheats / Assets
Crashes / Performance
TIP: If you are not being prompted to download the September 25th patch for The Sims 4, please exit completely out of Origin and then restart the client, this should then prompt you to download the latest patch.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
Severe Issues / Crashes:
Bug Fixes / Issues: