August 2014 - last edited June 2015
Update 2015/01/27. This is now obsolete. New FAQ is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949
If you have further issue, please search the forum for similar threads or make your own.
Issues [credits to ceejay402 & EA team]
1. The game is still greyed out
First you need to check if your payment has gone through. Unless your order says fulfilled, you won't be able to download. If you have issues with your payment, you'll need to contact a game advisor. We can't help you here. We're users.
2. Downloading and Installation issues
If you're game isn't downloading, it can have several causes
3. Startup issues - General
4. Startup Issues - Specific
- If the issue persists try these stepsSpoiler1. Go to Windows Update
2. Click Installed Updates
3. Find Update KB2918614 in the list and uninstall it.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Run Sims 4 installation again.
6. Play Sims 4
- If you are on Windows 8 or 8.1 and the steps aren't working, try them on an Admin account.
- SpoilerGo to Control Panel > Accounts > Create a New Microsoft Account.
Check that this is an Admin account, then try the steps above again.
How to contact a game advisor
Game advisors can be found through live chat [click the spoiler for full instructions]
In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.
I was trying to preload Sims 4 when an error came up saying I needed to make more space for it. I've deleted all of my not needed documents and such, but it made little difference. How do I make more space for the download?
My Sims 4 deluxe edition is also not preloading and has no option to preload it. I was suppose to preload at 1:00 pm it is know 2:00pmmileymad: