Re: [Info] Sims 4 - Download & Installation & Startup issues

by praxis22

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm at least getting an error message when I click play.

Red X button: "We're sorry, an error has ocurred"

"We are unable to connect to the EA servers to activate <CD Deluxe Edition> on this computer using your account. Please try again later."

Does this game ned to talk to the servers each time I play, as given how popular it is, that could be problematic? Anyone got any clue?

Activation Log:

4 22:29:55 GMT Error AccessDRM_AccessDigitalV4 GetNewLicense Problem encountered obtaining license. Server code 408, OS error code 12007

1 22:49:49 GMT Event Core::CoreLogger Open V4.7.0.1 - Log C:\ProgramData\Origin\Logs\TheSims4_TS4_OnlineActivation_Log 

2 22:49:49 GMT AccessDRM_AccessDigitalV4 GetNewLicense License Request Server HTTP response code=408 3 22:49:49 GMT AccessDRM_AccessDigitalV4 GetNewLicense License Request Server response state code=4

I've tried with anti-virus and firewall disabled, same result. What does the error message mean?

Message 241 of 305 (7,176 Views)

Re: [Information] Sims 4 Download & Installation issues - Please Read first

★ Apprentice

Went through support chat doing basically the same sort of things as described in this thread.

1) Disabled UAC

2) Clean Booted

3) Cleared Temp

4) Repaired Game

5) Ran as Admin

None worked.

Message 242 of 305 (7,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

i just got the sims 4 from eb games  2 days ago but when i try to install it, my origin account wont got online. I checked the proxy setting and its off and origin is up to date. I can log in okay but its the offline mode thats killing me. I really want to play sims 4!!!!!

Message 243 of 305 (7,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA_David - If anyone has the same issue as me, where none of the basic troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, then they should uninstall the game and reinstall it.

Then, run both  of the redist packages. It should work. It worked for me.

Sometimes it gets corrupted game side during the installation process.

Message 244 of 305 (7,242 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry what are these Redist packages?

Message 245 of 305 (7,238 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist

vcredist_x86.exe

vcredist_x64.exe

Microsoft's link to same things

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013

Message 246 of 305 (7,228 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I just got my internet back after weeks of waiting, and was looking forward to playing the sims 4. Today I went to install it but it was greyed out. I checked my order history and said the order was processing, when I know for a fact I was billed the 70$ to buy the delux version weeks before the preload date, as my bank account had been drained that amount of money from the use of my visa. Is there any way to fix this, and if not is there a way to get a refund so late after the order?

Message 247 of 305 (7,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The Redist packages are the things that allow certain applications (built on C++ I believe) to run.

So, if you are interested in installing them, they can be found in your game folder.

Just navigate to your game folder -> Click _Installer -> Click vc -> Click vc2013 -> Click Redist - > Then run both applications (x64 and x86). 

They can also be found here if you need to download them: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Edit: Thanks Woot, you beat me to it.

Message 248 of 305 (7,222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ColQuebec 

If the computer has been offline for a long time, perhaps try closing origin down completely and relaunching / relogging in.

---------------------

If it's still stuck in prcoessing:

Contact a Game Adviser

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

They should be able to verify that your funds clear and unjam it.

They may also offer you to have it refunded and you can repurchase; at which point it would be activated at time of sale.

I would not want to wait for a solution past that if I was you.  I would want to have it completed one of the two ways before I left a Game Adviser's chat/phone conversation.  If they want you to wait an unknown amount of time to have it fixed, I personally would ask for a refund so I could repurchase it.

Message 249 of 305 (7,219 Views)

★ Novice

That was one of the first things I tryed, and it had no effect.

Message 250 of 305 (7,208 Views)