Re: [Info Request] Script Errors on the Launcher

by crinrict

Original Post

[Info] Script Errors on the Launcher

[ Edited ]
Hero

Many people seem to have issues with Script Errors popping up on the launcher. Those errors are usually caused by the welcome page of the launcher which can't properly display the content. This should be a no-issue for the game itself.

They look something like this

Things you can try

• Make sure the following program are up-to-date

• Origin
    • Java
    • Flash Player
    • Adobe Air
    • .Net Framework
    • Windows
  • Try clearing the Internet Explorer Browser Caches.
  • Reset Internet Explorer
  • Click on Yes or No and see if the message goes away. You should then be able to proceed normally
  • Make sure you have no older version of Java installed on your computer
  • Reinstall Java completely.
  • If you bought the base game before September 2012, try bypassing the launcher as described here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/
  • Make sure your Firewall and Antivuris aren't blocking something.

What do to if the suggestions don't help ?

Some of these script Errors need to solved one EA's side (especially the easySlider, the sponserpay and the jquery-1.3.2 one). They should NOT affect your abilty to play though so if you have those, just try to play the game anyways.

If you have furher issues, open your own thread and state what OTHER issues you have to see if it can get solved despite the message.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 207 (93,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Your suggestions do not help. I have Windows 7. After Error it says " Script Error " and after URL it says http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js  The rest (line, char and code) says 0. If I click yes the message disappears and I can use the game without problem and everything on the launcher is displayed. Still, very annoying having it pop up every time I open the launcher.

Message 2 of 207 (93,055 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'll assume you have a pc Windows based computer. What version of windows do you have? What version of IE (Internet Explorer) do you have?

Message 3 of 207 (93,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as everyone else, but Google Chrome is the internet provider that my game is installed to instead of Internet Explorer. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can fix this, let me know.

Message 4 of 207 (93,036 Views)

Hero

The launcher is hard coded to use IE. It doesn't matter what your standard browser is.

Does the script error say google chrome error or IE error ?

Did you try all the suggestions in the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 207 (93,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Script Error
/!\ An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line: 0
Char: 0
Error: Script error
Code: 0
URL: http://be.sponsorpay.com/assets/web_client.js

I have manually updated all the below if they were not the latest available.

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit (Set to auto update every night but manually ran all updates prior to the error presented here)

Sims 3 Game Update Version: 1.66.2.024001
At this time the launcher Game update screen states Im up to date.
However, although I am logged into the Sims and very sure Im on line, the Update screen of the launcher is showing an image that states “You are offline. Connect to the internet to inrich your game online."

JAVA version 7 Update 51 build 1.7.0_51-b13
Origin 9.3.11.2762 - 245787 - E2-S2-A2-L2
Adobe Flash Version 12.0.0.38
Adobe Air 4.0.0.1390
MS .NET Framework v 4.0.30320
IE 11.0.9600.16476 for Windows 7 64-bit Edition

There is no change with Windows Firewall disabled or my Antivirus disabled.
Clicking “yes” or “no” in the error dialog box does not appear to have any visual or game play affect.

Message 6 of 207 (93,017 Views)

Hero

Can you start the game when you click yes/no or does the message come back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 207 (93,004 Views)

★ Novice

My error thing looked a bit different than the one in the first post here and I read online and followed the instructions posted in the first post, but nothing happend. The error was still there.

Then I deleted the old versions of java that was on my computer and left only the newest one and the error messege is now gone.

Not sure if that was the thing that fixed it, but there was a new update recently and i just forgot to remove the old ones....and the error occured after I updated...

worth a shot anyways XD

Message 8 of 207 (92,987 Views)

Hero

According to EA, the sponserpay error should have been fixed earlier today.

Could people that had the issue verify for me if it's gone now ?

Make sure to restart your launcher, maybe even your computer and Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 207 (92,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
So far no further error messages. If this holds up, big thanks to everyone who posted their information and did a little research. Every little bit we do helps keep the Sims on track.
Message 10 of 207 (92,045 Views)