[Info Request] CRC Issue on installing patch 1.63/expansion pack

by crinrict

Original Post

[Info Request] CRC Issue on installing patch 1.63/expansion pack

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since we're now at patch 1.67, this should no longer be an issue. If you do receive the error on installing the game, please see this thread: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

-------------------

Seems at the moment there are quite a few users receiving this message on trying to install the newest patch 1.63:

CRC error: the file c:\program files\origingames\the sims 3\game data\shared\packages dosnt match the file in the setup .cab file

EA is currently investigating this issue and they need YOUR help to narrow it down.

If you do have this issue, please answer the followig questions (in this thread)

1. Which region are you located in?
  2. What are you downloading ? Patch or expansion pack ?
  3. Which download link are you trying to use exactly? Through the launcher, manually or through Origin ?
  4. Which game version had been running prior to attempting to patch to the latest (1.63)? You can find the number in the launcher's lower left corner.
  5. Do you own the disc or Origin download version of the game ?
  6. What's your operating system ?

If you are tech savvy and your bandwidth allowance permits this, it would be great if you could alternatively attempt a full re-install via Origin:

1. Close the game and log out off Origin
  2. Manually Uninstall the Sims 3
  3. Start Origin again and log in
  4. Go to "My Games" click on the Sims basegame and select download to start re-installing the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 34 (3,541 Views)

Re: [Info Request] CRC Issue on installing patch 1.63

Hero

Current threads on the issue (this is for the CM. Please do not post in any of thos threads, post here)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (3,523 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If you do have this issue, please answer the followig questions (in this thread)

1. Which region are you located in? United States
  2. What are you downloading ? Patch or expansion pack ? 1.63 patch
  3. Which download link are you trying to use exactly? Through the launcher, manually or through Origin ? I used all three links.
  4. Which game version had been running prior to attempting to patch to the latest (1.63)? You can find the number in the launcher's lower left corner. The base game with no patches.
  5. Do you own the disc or Origin download version of the game ? Yes. I own the base game disk which I purchased when the game was originally released.
  6. What's your operating system ? Windows 7 64-bit Professional

If you are tech savvy and your bandwidth allowance permits this, it would be great if you could alternatively attempt a full re-install via Origin:

1. Close the game and log out off Origin I did this.
  2. Manually Uninstall the Sims 3 I did this
  3. Start Origin again and log in I did this.
  4. Go to "My Games" click on the Sims basegame and select download to start re-installing the game. I did this. This solution did not resolve my issue.

Crinrict,

Here are the specific error messages I was getting when I encountered this problem. 

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

and also 

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild2.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I was installing the game for the very first time on a brand new computer I had built. This was the first application to be installed. The base game installed perfectly and played perfectly with no errors. The problem occurred after attempting to patch to 1.63. I tried several times to patch via game launcher. I tried installing the base game and all expansions via Origin. I tried downloading the Super Patch. I got the same error no matter what mechanism I used to download the patch.

Here is a link to the thread where I outline every step I used to troubleshoot the problem and every step I used to resolve it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/728924.page

It is my strong belief after going through this very aggravating problem and finally resolving it is that the problem is caused by the patch being corrupted during download. And I don't have a particularly slow connection. I have a broadband connection through ATT Uverse which is designed to allow me to stream movies and television from the Internet. I will also add that the patch that finally worked was downloaded late at night when there was little traffic/load between the EA servers and my connection.

Message 3 of 34 (3,495 Views)

Hero

Thanks. I'm glad it worked for you. Hopefully this will help others too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (3,458 Views)

Re: [Info Request] CRC Issue on installing patch 1.63/expansion pack

★★ Novice

1. united states

2. patch

3. i tried all three

4. the one right before this patch, then i rdownloaded it to the original

5.origin

6.windows 8.1

Message 5 of 34 (3,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you try re-downloading the manual one several times (if your bandwidth allows that of course).

Make sure to download it to your hard disc and then check on the size before installing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (3,440 Views)

★ Novice
  1. Which region are you located in?  USA
  2. What are you downloading ? Patch or expansion pack ?  Patch 1.63
  3. Which download link are you trying to use exactly? Through the launcher, manually or through Origin ?  I tried through the launcher and it would never complete, I would get an error message.  When I tried to download manually, I get this message: CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file.  The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.
  4. Which game version had been running prior to attempting to patch to the latest (1.63)? You can find the number in the launcher's lower left corner.  I'm currently on version 1.57
  5. Do you own the disc or Origin download version of the game ?  Origin download
  6. What's your operating system ?  Windows 7
Message 7 of 34 (3,381 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

For now, try to redownload the patch again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 34 (3,378 Views)

Community Manager
Glad to hear that barbara917 was already able to resolve this issue. bvagirl and cricketrose I have sent you a private message with another info request from us. If you could help us we would greatly appreciate this. You can find your private messages by either clicking on the envelope in the top right corner or by following this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Thank you in advance,
Nils

Message 9 of 34 (3,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

1. United States
2. Patch

3. I've tried through the launcher (maybe that qualifies as through Origin since that's where I got the game?) and with the Super Patcher.
4. 1.42.130, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game at least twice since being unable to patch it, and I don't know if that changes anything.
5. Origin download.
6. Windows 8 64-bit.

I have tried to fully re-install both Origin and the game itself, but neither have done anything.

EDIT: I don't know if this will change anything, but I also have Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff.

Message 10 of 34 (3,323 Views)