Re: Infinite loading screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Infinite loading screen

★ Novice

My game recently updated and ever since the update I have not been able to play I went up there and when I tried to load a family an error code appeared and then the infinite loading screen started to appear when I would click on a family. I don't know what to do I removed my mods, reinstalled the game, and did the origin repair nothing has worked. I have no clue what is going on and the only thing that I have access to is create-a-sim. Please help

Message 1 of 5 (357 Views)

Accepted Solution

@divadarling  Are you still getting an error code?  If so, please post the entire code, not just the first three numbers but everything after it too.

Please also move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just let me know whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Be sure to save, quit, restart your computer, and reload the game to make sure the save still works.

If you can't start a new save in a clean folder, or it doesn't work when you reload it, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (325 Views)

All Replies

@divadarling  Are you still getting an error code?  If so, please post the entire code, not just the first three numbers but everything after it too.

Please also move your entire Sims 4 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just let me know whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Be sure to save, quit, restart your computer, and reload the game to make sure the save still works.

If you can't start a new save in a clean folder, or it doesn't work when you reload it, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 5 (326 Views)

★ Novice

No, I am no longer getting an error code it just infinitely loads. Okay I am going to try it right now and see what happens 

Message 3 of 5 (300 Views)

★ Novice

OH MY GOSH, I just did that and my game loaded finally like Iw as able to play what do I do now. Do I slowly start to add stuff back like my mods, etc. 

Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)

@divadarling  Yes, you can start adding your content back and testing.  It's probably best to start with mods, since those are the most likely to be causing the problem.  Any batch of content that prevents the game from loading needs to be split and tested again until you find the problem file(s).  Any batch that's fine, you can set aside and re-add it later, when you've sorted through the rest of the mods.

Leave your saves for last, so you're not trying to play them with any mods or custom content missing.

Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)