Infinite Loading

by notabatman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Infinite Loading

★ Apprentice

Ugh I'm so frustrated. My game started getting stuck loading on the first loading screen yesterday, I end-tasked it and the second time I got past the first loading screen but got stuck on the second. Couldn't work out a way to fix this, so I reinstalled the game. On the first play of the clean install the game hung on the loading screen AGAIN, end-tasked it.. got past the first loading screen and got stuck on the second when I tried to click play. I could successfuly go into edit CAS and access the town by starting a new family and going to move in. I cancelled the move to put in a house from the gallery, plopped the house and then it went to load in and GUESS WHAT! infinite load (again). This is the first run through since the install so obviously there's nothing on here - nothing from the gallery (other than the 1 house I just downloaded), no mods or cc, no save games, no nothing. The loading screen loads like normal it just literally goes forever (or as long as I can stand which is 10+ minutes before I give up).

Please help me before I break all my sims discs in half from all these bugs I've had Confusedmileymad:

Message 1 of 6 (5,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Infinite Loading

Hero

I see you have a dual graphics system (Intel Chip and Nvidia card).

Make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip (which is below minimum specs): http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (5,834 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you remove the user files too when you reinstalled ? If not, try renaming the sims 4 folder in documents\electronicarts\

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (5,626 Views)

★ Apprentice

I hadn't done this, when I renamed the folder the game successfully loaded. Unfortunately the crashing problem is still there, should I open a seperate thread for this? The crashes happen randomly it just says there's an error and crashes to desktop.

Message 3 of 6 (5,605 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 4 of 6 (5,602 Views)

Hero

I see you have a dual graphics system (Intel Chip and Nvidia card).

Make sure the game runs on the card and not the chip (which is below minimum specs): http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/graphics-cardintel-chip-dual-systems/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (5,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as you just mentioned with the dual graphics card however it was working fine until about an hour a go. The game gets past the initial loading screen and then freezes whenever I try to load up the family. I can edit the characters perfectly but whenever I try to load in I am stuck on a continous loading screen. ls there anyway i can check what graphics card I am using just in case because this issue is really ticking me off and if thats not the problem I will reply once more asap.

Message 6 of 6 (5,565 Views)