Infinite Loading Screen

by ngatiara

Original Post

Infinite Loading Screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I've been having serious issues with Sims 4 for the past week.

Last week the game glitched and refused to save my gameplay. Then I got stuck on the Infinite Loading Screen. I tried repairing the game via Origin, but it would freeze during the repair of some of the packs and freeze my whole computer so I would have to shut the computer down and restart the process all over again. After the third incident of this, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I also cleared out all CC and Mods at the same time. Didn't fix the issue.

So once again I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Finally I got back in, this whole process took me three days to do because of it freezing during the repair process. I got 10 minutes of game play three days ago, went to switch households and got the infinite loading screen again. This happened around about the same time the glitch for the Bust The Dust happened (though I don't have that kit, so it could just be coincidence that it happened at the exact same time).

Once again, I repaired the game, and then ended up uninstalling, updating my computer and reinstalling because I still couldn't get through Infinite Loading Screen. Its now two days after I reinstalled the game for the forth time this week, and ONCE AGAIN I'm stuck on infinite loading screen. This is happening with EVERY household in my save file.

So to sum up:

When I load my game, it only gets as far as the loading screen. The loading screen that appears before the main menu is fine, the loading screen between main menu and world lots is fine, it starts when I click on ANY household in my save. This problem only started after the update for adding Kits to the main menu.

Things I've tried:

Removing all CC & Mods

Deleting the Sims 4 folder in Documents

Updating Windows

Repairing the game via Orgin

Reinstalling the game

Cheers.

Message 1 of 2 (183 Views)

Re: Infinite Loading Screen

@ngatiara  Can you load a household in a new save?  I understand you want to play your own save, but it's a useful test for distinguishing between issues with the save itself and issues with your system.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (161 Views)