Re: Infinite Loading Screen - Help?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Infinite Loading Screen - Help?

★★★ Newbie

Since updating my game today, I cannot get past the infinite loading screen, it just cycles through indefinitely. My home screen is broken as well and removing my mods did NOT help. I have tried repairing the game, but that didn't work either. I have a lot of mods and thought maybe the loading screen was just taking a while, but it hasn't moved in hours, I've attached a picture of my screen as well showing the broken home screen. It just says "text" and other than that is just a white screen. I can't even click the "options" button to disable mods to see if that would help. 

Message 1 of 2 (135 Views)

Re: Infinite Loading Screen - Help?

@barfburg  Please close the game and restart your computer, if you haven't already.  Move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the old folder but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you can't get past the loading screen even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)