Re: Infinite Installing of 'Repair Game', and Origin Won't Let Me Cancel It.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Infinite Installing of 'Repair Game', and Origin Won't Let Me Cancel It.

★★★ Novice

I've been having clicking issues lately with my game, but haven't had a chance until today to exit out of my game to use 'Repair Game' on it. Once in a while, I do this so my game can be slightly cleaner. Anyhow, I was looking through a FAQ and noticed a person who had the same problem solved it by using Repair Game on not only the base game of The Sims 4, but on their purchased packs too. So, me thinking this was a good idea, did that, and 4/5 of them repaired themselves in a fair amount of time today in the afternoon. Now, it has been infinitely installing a Repair Game on the base game and Origin won't let me cancel it either. I've tried numerous things by logging on as an administrator, but it just keeps installing after about six hours. I've considered in restarting my PC, but am unsure if that would actually help...If someone could kindly help me, I would be very gracious. 

Message 1 of 8 (7,478 Views)

Just give restarting a try, and repair the game right after again. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 8 (7,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive restarted my laptop at least 10 times and ive reinstalled origin 3 times and ive had this issue for 3 days. ive contacted ea help. nothing works

Message 3 of 8 (2,102 Views)

@seatiger13andme  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair again.  The normal uninstall process doesn't remove all Origin-related files, and clearing the cache should help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 8 (2,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i’ve done that 3 times

Message 5 of 8 (2,087 Views)

@seatiger13andme  Try a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders."  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 8 (2,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If anyone still has this problem, if you limit the amount of download speed it has it will fix the problem Standard smile 

Message 7 of 8 (448 Views)

Community Manager

@1824c8ccb83dce32 

Thanks for posting, this is an old thread so I will lock it for now.

barry.png
Message 8 of 8 (407 Views)