Inexplicable Windfall

by Nesr5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inexplicable Windfall

★★★★ Novice

I'm playing The Sims 3 and my sim suddenly had 105,000 simoles dumped on him.  What happened?  There's no message explaining it, he didn't sell anything, and it wasn't payday (he's an author, and he's not making that much in royalties anyway).  Has anyone else had this happen?  A sim shouldn't suddenly become rich for no reason at all.

Message 1 of 5 (547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inexplicable Windfall

@BalimundWife  This is a rare but well-known glitch, where the game sells a car that the household doesn't own and passes along the money.  (You'll notice a car worth §105,000 available for purchase.)  If you want to get rid of the money, you can use the familyfunds cheat to reset the household's funds to what they were before the bug.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (509 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Same here. It was 105,000 as well for no discernible reason. Everyone in his household was unemployed at the time.
Message 2 of 5 (460 Views)

@BalimundWife  This is a rare but well-known glitch, where the game sells a car that the household doesn't own and passes along the money.  (You'll notice a car worth §105,000 available for purchase.)  If you want to get rid of the money, you can use the familyfunds cheat to reset the household's funds to what they were before the bug.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (510 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for clearing up that mystery!

Message 4 of 5 (421 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I didn't know how to fix it.

Message 5 of 5 (385 Views)