Incredible FPS lag

by ArmePaljas

Original Post

Incredible FPS lag

★★ Novice

It has been a while since i played the sims 4 and i recently wanted to play again. However when i started up the game, it was incredibly laggy. I turned on the origin FPS counter and discovered that i barely had 10fps in the main menu. I have already reinstalled the game a few times, and even ttried legacy edition and it didnt help.
Please help me so i can play this game again

Message 1 of 7 (362 Views)

Re: Incredible FPS lag

Hero

Could you check if it's better if you turn off your Internet as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Int...

If that doesn't help, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (344 Views)

★★ Novice

I put origin in ofline mode and turned of discord and my browser and disconected my internet, while this improved it for a few seconds, it quickly fell back below 10 FPS.
Atached is the dxDiag for my system.

Message 3 of 7 (332 Views)

Hero

Could you try a clean boot ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (305 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ArmePaljas   Did you have dual monitors the last time you played? If so disconnect one monitor and see if the issue improves.

Message 5 of 7 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I purchased The Sims 4 deluxe edition today and have installed it multiple times. I am always locked to about 12 FPS no matter what (in menu, in game live mode, in game build mode, etc.). I've installed it on two different SSD's with tons of extra space (more than 150gb of empty space at least). I have no mods or DLC installed. I've updated my nvidia graphics drivers. I've updated Windows 10. I've tried clearing my origin cache. I can't figure out what the damn problem is.

I have an RTX 2070 and a i7-8700K and have no issues in any other games at all. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers. This game runs so badly that I'm currently trying to request a refund for the purchase. Even on sale this is the biggest waste of money I've ever encountered. I wasted most of a day just trying to get this game to run at a normal FPS.

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)

Hero
@DD2146 Did you try the suggestion about going offline above ?

If you did, could you also post your DxDiag (if you want help that is)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (241 Views)