Re: Incorrect Holiday Bug

by manzana0807

Original Post

Incorrect Holiday Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load game, play household
What happens when the bug occurs? An incorrect holiday appears and reappears even when you end it. Cannot delete the holiday in the calendar.
What do you expect to see? Currently, the incorrect holiday is New Years Eve, which my household had just celebrated the day before. It should be Talk like a pirate day, but instead it's New Years Eve again. I try to end the holiday but it just comes right back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I added some new custom content, but I took all mods out and launched the game again and the issue was still there, so that's probably not what did it.

Please help! I've tried repairing the game and relaunching it several times and nothing is working. This only started today. Also for some reason now it's showing Harvestfest in Summer on the calendar?? I don't know.

Message 1 of 7 (399 Views)

★★ Pro

Have you used MC Command Center at all to adjust Game Time Speed? I ask, because doing that will break the calendar in this fashion, and it causes other problems in the game for interactions that rely on the default game speed.

Message 2 of 7 (381 Views)

★★ Novice
@manzana0807 Oh dang, yeah, I have. But when I took all mods out, the issue was still there?
Message 3 of 7 (360 Views)

Hero
@aimeekatz As the calender is set at a certain point, they might be messed up until the calender refresh. Try to play without for a bout a week and see if it then goes back to normal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (354 Views)

★★ Pro

It's like Crinrict said, @aimeekatz, the calendar is set at a certain point (I believe right after you choose the season at game start), so you could try what she said. I'll warn you though that Game Time speed alterations aren't a good idea.

I played on speed 50 for a long time, but from the acting career to the new freelance careers, altered time gave me a lot of issues. It also breaks suntanning if you have Island Living installed, because the game thinks it's too dark to tan when it's morning and bright out.

I'd seriously urge you to try and go back to the default speed. It's been hard for me to get used to after so long, but I'd rather have a game where I can access all the features on a shorter day than a broken game on a longer day. Know what I mean?

Message 5 of 7 (344 Views)

Hero
@aimeekatz Have you been able to sort this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (311 Views)

Hero
@aimeekatz Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (298 Views)