Re: Inability to Log in to Sims Forums

by LadyAlkali

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Inability to Log in to Sims Forums

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

So I've been recommended to post this here by an employee from customer service.

I'm experiencing a bug in The Sims Forums where I can't seem to log in. While I know it's supposed to match up with my existing account here on EA, The Sims Forums seems to have possibly not synced up with it.

What I mean is is that it may think I'm still using a username and/or password that I haven't used in a very long time, and I can't remember the password I used back then; if it even takes any password. If it's a bug, it may not. I tried multiple passwords, even repeating them with different caps, and it wouldn't take any of them.

Anyway, this makes it impossible for me to log in to The Sims Forums. Said employee had also tried logging into my account to investigate it, and they ran into the same problem with an inability to bypass the login page, thus bringing me here. I have attached a screenshot to this post in hopes another employee or someone else may recognize this problem and know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 149 (9,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey all, 

You probably found this thread as you couldn't log into the Sims Forums and can't reset your password.

Not to fear though, if you've found yourself in this situation please send me a DM by clicking the link here and I'll respond to you with the information I need to sort this out for you. 

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 56 of 149 (8,715 Views)

All Replies

@LadyAlkali  If I click the Sign In button in your screenshot (towards the top right), I see a prompt to enter my email address and password, along with a "Forgot your password?" link that I would presume would lead to me getting a password recovery email.  Do you not see that?  Try opening the forums page in a private browser window, where you're not already signed into any EA site.

However, I looked up your username (the one in your screenshot), and there hasn't been any activity on that account since before the forums moved from the Sims 3 site to their current home.  So I guess it's possible that some of your info was not in fact synced.  If you can't get around the login issue via the approach above, you could create a new profile.  If you'd rather not, I'll flag this to the people who run the Sims forums, although given various work schedules, it might take a few days to get a response.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 149 (9,369 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict No, there is no option to reset my password on that page. I attempted to log in on Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge. No results. I was hoping to avoid making a new account, but if that's all I can do, then I can try it.

I mean in all honesty, the biggest reason I want to get on the forums right now is because I have a heavy request for the Sims 4 before they move onto the next potential Sims game, and I'd really like to try and attract EA's attention with it, somehow.

Message 3 of 149 (9,364 Views)

@LadyAlkali  Okay, I'll flag this thread, but if you don't want to wait for a response, it might be better to create a new account.

You can also post feedback on this site, in the Sims 4 General Discussion & Feedback section.  That's part of why it's there:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en

There is of course no harm in posting on both sites and linking each thread in the other one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 149 (9,356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictAlright, thank you. I appreciate the advice and effort!

Message 5 of 149 (9,341 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @LadyAlkali,

The issue you're describing is very odd indeed. I will follow up with this and try to find out more about it. Standard smile 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 149 (9,315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_LeelooThank you Standard smile

Message 7 of 149 (9,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you been able to log in?  It says I'm a user and puts my name up there but won't accept my password.  Everywhere else it accepts my password.  I have tried several times.

Message 8 of 149 (9,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I am also having the same problem.  I tried to sign in to the Sims forum, which then asked me to log in to EA.  That works fine with my usual email and password, but I then get the same screen in the picture.  The username it says is an older one, as I may not have posted since Sims 3.  There is no way to reset the password.  I would really rather not create a whole new account just to get on there.

Message 9 of 149 (9,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Gewellee @susieoneil,

I'll happily follow up with that. There can be different causes to this but in the previous case in this thread, it had to do with the forum account itself being corrupted.

Since I might have to ask you for account-specific information to look into this for you, could you please send me a direct message? Standard smile  

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 149 (9,053 Views)