Re: Inability to Log in to Sims Forums

by xXKazeXx

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and tried to send you a message but despite being logged in I get an 'access denied' when I click the link to try to message you or try to access my inbox through any other means.

Message 61 of 149 (1,426 Views)

@jaetwee  Try again now.  Some site features aren't available until you've posted for the first time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 62 of 149 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue. I am sure I created an account with "The sims forums", ages ago. Same issue, there is no standard "I forgot my password", or "help" button. (The help button takes you to EA, which is useless, as all help asks you to "Reset your password" and select "I forgot my password", which does not exist and the prior does NOTHING for "the sims forums".)

I have also had to, several times, "authenticate" the same exact computer, for EACH point of entrance to the various EA sites. They really need to get their stuff together. This is why they lose customers trying to do anything. They need to stick with ONE website and redirect everyone there, if needed. It's a ten step process of disconnected accounts for ONE single game, for EACH game now.

Anyways... I am just trying to log-in to the sims-4 forums. (Well, any sims forums, honestly. None work, because they ALL fail to see that I am logged-in to EA AND ORIGIN, which it keeps redirecting me to. I have reset my history, cache and removed all cookies already. It obviously has a different password remembered. A password which should be "resettable" at that page, or in the EA/ORIGIN user account. Honestly, it shouldn't need a password at all. It sees that I am obviously authenticated by my EA and ORIGIN, so what it the point of even having another password? (Otherwise it wouldn't be able to identify my user name, and KNOW I had a password.)

Message 63 of 149 (1,318 Views)

@ISAWHIM  This issue affects certain people with very old forums accounts.  Please send a private message to EA_Cade as he requested earlier in this thread.

If your Sims forums account worked and your browser window was signed in on another EA site, you'd be able to sign in to the forums with one click.

Message 64 of 149 (1,305 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here. Can't send a DM though, probably because I haven't posted just yet. So hopefully I can after this post Wink.

Message 65 of 149 (1,106 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Cade I can't access the link, it says I need to log in, but my issue is I can't log in
Message 66 of 149 (1,299 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @pezwitch,

If you're referring to the link in my pinned post that's just a link to sending a DM over AHQ.

You can also hover over my avatar here and then click "Send Message".
EACade
Message 67 of 149 (1,285 Views)

★★ Guide

Cannot log into the forum and when offered the solution via this thread to DM or "Send Message", this error message appears:

------------------

YOU EITHER HAVE TO LOG IN OR NEED PERMISSION TO SEE THIS PAGE.
Think that's a mistake?
If you're already logged in but still having trouble, check out this forum (links back to main EA forum). Tell us what's happening and let us know which page you were trying to get to.

------------------

Is there another solution available?

Message 68 of 149 (1,255 Views)

@Vyo4  Try again now.  Some features of this site are locked until you've posted at least once.

Message 69 of 149 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Cade  I'm facing the same problem as well, I tried clicking the option to send you a DM but it takes me to a page that says "YOU EITHER HAVE TO LOG IN OR NEED PERMISSION TO SEE THIS PAGE" instead

Edit: Seems I can now DM, I have sent you a DM with my username

Message 70 of 149 (1,059 Views)