Re: In game store, featured item owned, but can't be used, unless I buy it AGAIN!

by cylindricchasm

Original Post

Re: In game store, featured item owned, but can't be used, unless I buy it AGAIN!

Hero

What happens if you remove it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 14 (442 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Was it part of a set?

I own The Gothique Library and the Spellbook, but if I download the spellbook and the library, the library disappears.

If you have a set and download individual items from the set, then the set will not download. You might want to go to your purchase history in the store and down load all of your sets first, noting what's in each set.

Then download individual items.

I found another workaround for The Gothique Library and that spelbook. I placed the library in a town right away and saved it to my Library. It was a good thing, too, because it has gone missing from my game again.

Message 12 of 14 (428 Views)

★★★ Novice

In my case, it was only the one set, Frontier Finds, which I bought as part of a larger set, that had an issue. I could use any other of my sets, or portions of sets just fine. I have turned off in game shopping, Set the folder that the featured items go into so that nothing could write to it (and somehow featured items STILL turn up as available for my game) and I don't use the launcher to start my game. I wouldn't have minded the whole thing if it had worked like some of the rest of what I own did: If something was featured item/set it showed up as being owned anyway, with the shopping bag icon, not the gold 'Featured Item' icon on it. Frontier Finds, which had the gold 'featured item' icon, and insisted that IF I wanted to use it I had to BUY it just happened to be the FI the very day I decided to use the set.

Sometimes, owning the whole store is a pain in the backside! LOL Sorry about not responding. I forgot about this page while fighting with the Store Content Patch issue I have been having. I recently tossed out my entire Sims 3 folder in Documents and redid everything. So far, the Featured Items issue hasn't returned, but the Store Content patch issue has. . . it is now closing out my game or locking up the launcher. I avoid adding anything to my game unless I have to.

Message 13 of 14 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@debbidoosim wrote:

Was it part of a set?

I own The Gothique Library and the Spellbook, but if I download the spellbook and the library, the library disappears.

If you have a set and download individual items from the set, then the set will not download. You might want to go to your purchase history in the store and down load all of your sets first, noting what's in each set.

Then download individual items.

I found another workaround for The Gothique Library and that spelbook. I placed the library in a town right away and saved it to my Library. It was a good thing, too, because it has gone missing from my game again.

can you explain a little more about the Gothique Library and spellbook workaround you mentioned? I own both as well, but I am only (attempting) to use Gothique library, but I have the same issue: I run the launcher, install Gothique library, and then start the game, and the library isnt showing up... I then open the launcher and a pop-up window appears asking me if i'd like to install store content patch, I click yes, and i immediately see a confirmation window, and i then follow the instructions that are listed in the store content patch notes by exiting out of the game... this process repeats so many times, and the content patch window always appears when i refresh the updates tab while the game is running. Also the library tends to dissapear from the install tab on my launcher, and doesnt show up in-game at all. It used to show up at one point as lot "2" late last year (dont understand why it's named that) now it doesnt show at all, and the spellbook has never showed up in my game ever, which is actuallly the reason why I bought the entire Gothique library in the first place. Also, i've tried uninstallling and reinstalling the Library from my launcher to see if that does something, but when i go to uninstall it, the launcher installer window says "Error: package could not be found.

i even went through the process of creating a new sims 3 folder in my documents/Electronic Arts/ folder, and renaming my old one and switching out nessesary items (cant remember the entire process off the top of my head, as i followed a step-by-step guide), and when adding my custom content files back into the downloads folder, i skipped everything except for Gothique library and the spellbook.

I have ensured that the "run without custom content" is not checked in my launcher, and I have the latest patch installed, and I installed it without custom content so that it would install correctly. Iv'e contacted customer support about this issue, but they assumed I was just having trouble finding the content instead of my content not showing up at all, and I was sent the following link: (https://help.ea.com/article/i-cant-see-the-item-i-purchased-from-the-sims-3-store-in-my-game), which did not help me in the least bit. Obviously, they did not closely read my issue description, or just completely avoided my problem.

Message 14 of 14 (412 Views)