I don't have in game access in Sims4 to purchase anything

by 02160149

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In game enabling not working

★ Novice

Hello,

My game keeps saying '' Warning, Origin In Game has been disabled in the Origin Client. To enable, go to Application Settings, click on the Origin In Game menu and select the option to enable Origin in Game.''

Every time I check my Origin Client, it says my In Game is enabled.

I have cleared cache by following the steps through the help page. I am still having this issue.

My goal is to purchase Dogs and Cats add on.

Thank you

Message 3 of 23 (1,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In game enabling not working

[ Edited ]

Update:  This issue should now be fixed, as of the November 17 patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PC-Mac-Console-Patch-Notes-Nov-17th-2020/m-p/9751695#M...

@DanielleOfRivia  There's also a setting for Origin in-game within the Sims 4 Game Properties.  (Open your Origin game library and right-click on the Sims 4 icon to see the option.)  That needs to be enabled as well to use Origin in-game.

However, it's more reliable to buy packs through the Origin app or through origin.com.  The in-game feature has been known to cause a couple of issues, including adding other packs to your order without your knowledge.  So it might be better to use a different approach instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 23 (1,297 Views)

All Replies

I don't have in game access in Sims4 to purchase anything

★ Novice

I followed your directions for in-game access, however, it still says it is disabled.  I cannot purchase anything from the Sims4 due to this change?  How am I supposed to purchase anything??

Message 1 of 23 (1,239 Views)

Re: I don't have in game access in Sims4 to purchase anything

★★★★ Guide

There are no in game purchases? Do you mean downloads from the gallery? Or are you referring to Origin?

Message 2 of 23 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]

Update:  This issue should now be fixed, as of the November 17 patch:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PC-Mac-Console-Patch-Notes-Nov-17th-2020/m-p/9751695#M...

@DanielleOfRivia  There's also a setting for Origin in-game within the Sims 4 Game Properties.  (Open your Origin game library and right-click on the Sims 4 icon to see the option.)  That needs to be enabled as well to use Origin in-game.

However, it's more reliable to buy packs through the Origin app or through origin.com.  The in-game feature has been known to cause a couple of issues, including adding other packs to your order without your knowledge.  So it might be better to use a different approach instead.

Message 4 of 23 (1,298 Views)

origin in game enabling not working

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!! I am trying to purchase a bundle pack for The Sims 4 (I play on PC), but a 'WARNING' sign keeps coming up telling me that Origin In Game has been disabled in the Origin Client and that I need to enable it in the Application Settings. However, I checked and it's enabled in both the Application Settings AND the Game Properties for The Sims 4. I have tried reinstalling Origin and I have even cleared the cache, but it's still not working. Are there any suggestions? Thank you!!

Message 5 of 23 (1,297 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you. I just ordered through The Sims 4 website and it my DLC works. Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. 

Message 6 of 23 (1,270 Views)

Re: origin in game enabling not working

★ Novice

I found it best to order directly through The Sims 4 website and it worked.

Message 7 of 23 (1,268 Views)

Re: origin in game enabling not working

@glutengoblin  It's easier and less prone to error to order either through the Origin app or the website.

Message 8 of 23 (1,251 Views)

Can't Buy Packs [Update 1.68.154]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to buy a pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I attempt to buy a pack, a notification pops up saying that "Origin in game is disabled" and it explains to me how to fix it, which I've tried, but still no luck.
What do you expect to see? To be able to add to my cart without seeing the pop up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.154.1020, the most recent one to date.

When I opened my sims game just the other day, I realized the newest expansion pack was out, and I was going to buy it, but when I pressed the icon on the main menu to add then pack to my cart, a notification popped up. It said that Origin in game is disabled, which I had never heard of before, and have never touched my origin settings. I followed the instructions on the pop up, which told me to go to my application settings and enable origin in game, which when I opened my settings, I noticed it was already on. After doing a bit of googling, I tried looking to see if it was turned on for the sims 4 specifically, which it was as well. I've tried disabling and re-enabling both of these settings, repairing my game, restarting origin and the game, and I'm not sure what else to do.

Message 9 of 23 (1,218 Views)

Re: Can't Buy Packs [Update 1.68.154]

@meyaken  Buying a pack through the in-game interface is unreliable at best, and it's not working for a lot of people right now.  It's easier to buy through either the Origin app or the website.

Message 10 of 23 (1,196 Views)