Re: In game Screenshots not in EA/Sims4/screenshots folder

by Gramcrackrs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In game Screenshots not in EA/Sims4/screenshots folder

★★ Apprentice

Not since January 2018 have there been any in game screenshots put in the EA/TS4/screenshots folder.  They can be seen under the movie icon while in the TS4 game but how do I post them somewhere else? That seems to be just for viewing.  I'd like to post my screenshots to other sites.

Message 1 of 6 (1,146 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

I got an address from the screenshots in the game under the movie camera.  So I search a couple of paces on my computer but nothing came up. Now, this is the embarrassing part, I went to the regular screenshots folder  under EA/TheSims4/screenshots to delete the old pictures ( all of 2017) and as I was deleting away I noticed there was a June 2018., in the middle of the 2017's.  Searching harder saw that there were quite a few 2018's from this summer all mixed up with the many, many 2017's.  Deleted all the 2017 screenshots so shouldn't have trouble finding what I want of them now.  Crazy

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.  If I hadn't done the searches I might not have gone back to TS4 screenshots and looked more closely at the dates underneath them.

You have been a wonderful help through the years and I for one appreciate you giving your time to help Simmers.

PS  My handle is spelled with an e before the r at the end , Gramcrackers.  I know who did that, took out the e, but she doesn't play The Sims  and EA wouldn't put it back .

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,118 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Gramcrackrs

if they are showing in game, they are somewhere on your hard drive.

Are you using oneDrive by chance ? If so, could you check there ? If not, try searching for thesims4 to see if you have another thesims4 folder somewhere on your hard drive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,127 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you.  I will try those actions. I agree that they got to be somewhere. I label the pictures after they've been taken and I thought I saw some of those pictures with the explanation I put but that was a long time ago and I wonder if that caused them to be filed elsewhere.

Message 3 of 6 (1,111 Views)

Hero

The path were they should be should actually show in your game options.

Go to the tab where you can change the settings for screenshots and check the path there.

(I blame the heat for not thinking of this yesterday)

@Gramcrackrs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,097 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I got an address from the screenshots in the game under the movie camera.  So I search a couple of paces on my computer but nothing came up. Now, this is the embarrassing part, I went to the regular screenshots folder  under EA/TheSims4/screenshots to delete the old pictures ( all of 2017) and as I was deleting away I noticed there was a June 2018., in the middle of the 2017's.  Searching harder saw that there were quite a few 2018's from this summer all mixed up with the many, many 2017's.  Deleted all the 2017 screenshots so shouldn't have trouble finding what I want of them now.  Crazy

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.  If I hadn't done the searches I might not have gone back to TS4 screenshots and looked more closely at the dates underneath them.

You have been a wonderful help through the years and I for one appreciate you giving your time to help Simmers.

PS  My handle is spelled with an e before the r at the end , Gramcrackers.  I know who did that, took out the e, but she doesn't play The Sims  and EA wouldn't put it back .

Message 5 of 6 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'm glad you found your pictures. I'm marking this thread as solved but feel free to come back if you have further issues.

You should be able to sort your pictures by date on the file system. That should help find them easier.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,062 Views)