Re: In A Flash Photo Studio, No lights

by fiftyleven

Original Post

In A Flash Photo Studio, No lights

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Sims Deluxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the "In a flash photo studio" in a room from inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no light coming form the photo studio.
What do you expect to see? I click on the light, with one, and it says "set color and intensity". It lets me set it with no light coming on. I click the turn on all lights or this room, that works for everything except the lights for the studio. Th two lights that are behind that are on the tripods, behind the white umbrella thing, beside the camera tripod are the ones I am talking about. I have put a ceiling light for now, but it really doesn't do the job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Now, as you can see with the ceiling lamp I have a green light. Of course I have tried using other lights with similar results. Now without the ceiling lamp I have no light, even though I have set the same color and intensity. I have attached two images to better explain.

Message 1 of 8 (4,285 Views)

Hero
@ForTruthAlways I tested this in my game and it works fine so did you also test this with no mods/cc installed ?

Best to try a fresh game that never had any mods in and test if you can duplicate it there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,256 Views)

Hero
@ForTruthAlways Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (4,233 Views)

Hero
@ForTruthAlways Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, I have been away. Yes, I have tested it without mods, done the whole moving files to the desktop thing. Everything. Still issues.

Message 5 of 8 (4,180 Views)

Hero

Hi @ForTruthAlways 

could you post an picture of your ingame graphics settings

Could you also post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Is this the only item you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (4,164 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this same problem. I've got a mix of low and medium graphics settings

Message 7 of 8 (4,135 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was experiencing this issue. Windows 10. Medium Quality graphics, laptop mode. I turned off laptop mode and the studio lights work correctly!

Message 8 of 8 (3,903 Views)