Images (Specifically the main gallery image) are grainy!

by GrimPixls

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Images (Specifically the main gallery image) are grainy!

★★★★★ Novice

Hi guys! I'm feeling pretty flabberghasted. I've noticed this weird grainy-ness or noise on images in Ts4 lately! I tried factory resetting and recalibrating my monitors and neither are fixing the issue. Tried repairing my game, and nothing! Other friends also see the weird "filter" on the images! Is this a known issue? Is there a fix to it? Not game-breaking, but mind-boggling! 

Note: I have also tried turning off Reshade with no avail! 

Message 1 of 6 (492 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Images (Specifically the main gallery image) are grainy!

★★★★★ Novice

@GrimPixls wrote:

My in-game settings are on Ultra, and I have uncompressed, and post-processing turned on, laptop mode turned off. Frown

I actually reached out to the awesome tech lads and ladies in the MCCC discord server, and their images are also decently wonk. We suspect they went with a lower image quality to improve load times! I'm glad to know it's not my system or game behaving weirdly! Thank you!

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (425 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Try updating your graphics driver.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (457 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I run NVidia, it doesn't let me get away with not updating haha

Jokes aside, I did just double check and I am up to date. Not sure if my specs will help but here they are:

i-5 8400,
GTX 1060
8GB of RAM (Upgrading soon, YAY!)
1 TB HDD & 500GB SSD

and my PC is entirely up to date as a whole but see, my friends see the bad image quality. I thought it was my monitor but it's not apparently 

Message 3 of 6 (442 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Check your graphic settings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My in-game settings are on Ultra, and I have uncompressed, and post-processing turned on, laptop mode turned off. Frown

Message 5 of 6 (433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@GrimPixls wrote:

I actually reached out to the awesome tech lads and ladies in the MCCC discord server, and their images are also decently wonk. We suspect they went with a lower image quality to improve load times! I'm glad to know it's not my system or game behaving weirdly! Thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (426 Views)