If I uninstall and then reinstall Sims 4, will I lose all my packs?

by SumWig

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I uninstall and then reinstall Sims 4, will I lose all my packs?

★★ Novice

Hi!

So I was playing Sims as normal and then all of a sudden the screen went small and I could see the bar at the bottom of my screen where all my stuff is (this has never happened as Sims usually takes up my whole screen and I have to exit the game to get back to my main home screen). I didn't know what happened so I exited Sims and tried to go into the game again but it didn't work. It showed the title screen and the plumbob spinning but when it went to the main menu it was a white screen (again with the bar at the bottom). It wouldn't let me close it down so I had to restart my laptop (Lenovo, Windows 10 I think) to get back to the main home screen. I repeatedly tried to go into the game but the same thing happened over and over.

I've tried turning my laptop on and off, even letting it die and then charging it again but it hasn't worked. This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, again the same thing happened when I opened the game. My next step is to uninstall Sims and then reinstall it. If I do this will I lose all my packs? I have no CC or mods (never have done), and about 20 packs in total.

If I do uninstall it, how would I do that, and then how would I reinstall it? Is that even the right thing to do?

I really hope you can help! Many thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (5,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: If I uninstall and then reinstall Sims 4, will I lose all my packs?

Hero (Retired)
@SumWig

Your next step should not be uninstalling the game.
Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Move The Sims4 folder to the desktop
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old on the desktop and one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4" old folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file if you have this file in the old folder on the desktop
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem disappeared.
The last step - delete The Sims4 folder from the desktop
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (5,258 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@SumWig

Your next step should not be uninstalling the game.
Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Move The Sims4 folder to the desktop
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old on the desktop and one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4" old folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file if you have this file in the old folder on the desktop
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem disappeared.
The last step - delete The Sims4 folder from the desktop
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 7 (5,259 Views)

★★ Novice

OMG thank you so much!! Your instructions were so clear and everything worked out amazingly!

Message 3 of 7 (5,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora same problem here. So glad I found your help! problem fixed within half an hour. My daughter will be grateful for ever :-)
Message 4 of 7 (5,174 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@nimue11

I'm glad that it helped you. Greet your daughter from me. Happy Simming Standard smile
Message 5 of 7 (5,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is like two years later but like I really want to thank u for your intructions, they really helped me out. I was really stressed out over here about this problem for like 2 days. God bless u and all your loved ones. Thank you Standard smile

Message 6 of 7 (4,406 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (4,389 Views)