Re: If I purchase sims 3 through steam, can I play through origin?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I purchase sims 3 through steam, can I play through origin?

★★★ Newbie

If I purchase the sims 3 game and expansion packs on steam can I transfer or add it to my origin account? It is much cheaper with steam deals and I want to know if it's possible for me to have it on my origin account. 

Message 1 of 4 (3,977 Views)

Accepted Solution

@itsmeeee4  Yes, it should absolutely be possible to transfer your game from Steam to Origin.  Steam provides CD keys that you can register in Origin, and last I heard (maybe a couple of months ago), the process still worked fine.

If you're concerned about the keys not working, try to add them to your Origin account right away, and if they don't go through, request a refund from Steam.  As long as it's been less than 14 days since you purchased, and you haven't played TS3 through Steam (or maybe played less than 2 hours, I'm not sure), you can get your money back.  But it shouldn't be a problem—Steam is an approved vendor of EA games, including TS3.

By the way, all my TS3 packs are from Steam, and I've downloaded them via Origin a number of times, mostly for testing.  It's never been a problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,970 Views)

All Replies

@itsmeeee4  Yes, it should absolutely be possible to transfer your game from Steam to Origin.  Steam provides CD keys that you can register in Origin, and last I heard (maybe a couple of months ago), the process still worked fine.

If you're concerned about the keys not working, try to add them to your Origin account right away, and if they don't go through, request a refund from Steam.  As long as it's been less than 14 days since you purchased, and you haven't played TS3 through Steam (or maybe played less than 2 hours, I'm not sure), you can get your money back.  But it shouldn't be a problem—Steam is an approved vendor of EA games, including TS3.

By the way, all my TS3 packs are from Steam, and I've downloaded them via Origin a number of times, mostly for testing.  It's never been a problem.

Message 2 of 4 (3,971 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could you use the keys from steam on orgin and still be able to play the game on steam, cause i have a mac i would like it on im just nervous that the keys would void my steam and i would still like the hours to pop up and stuff im weird like that, i know if it did i could just use orging after that but i wouldn't want too. i just want my mac to be able to for my girlfriend who wants to play

Message 3 of 4 (1,943 Views)

@Swushz  Registering your Steam keys in Origin does not void the keys in Steam.  I myself bought everything through Steam, and I have a Steam install in my main gaming setup, plus Origin installs on multiple Macs.

Message 4 of 4 (1,934 Views)