Re: If I install The sims 4 on two PC's? will it sync saves?

by mardalfoosen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I install The sims 4 on two PC's? will it sync saves?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

One of the computers is shared and I have some strange households and custom content I'd like them to never see. XD

What about the Sims 3?

Message 1 of 6 (74,432 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

The game does not sync saves between computers. In order to have the same saves on both computers, you would need to transfer the save files between the computers using a USB drive for example.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (85,834 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

The game does not sync saves between computers. In order to have the same saves on both computers, you would need to transfer the save files between the computers using a USB drive for example.

Cody

Message 2 of 6 (85,835 Views)

You can do this:

Actually it's very easy to play The Sims 4 on multiple PC's. Just makes your 'My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder part of your Dropbox/OneDrive/GoogleDrive. First move the contents to your cloud drive and than use the mklink command (from a command prompt) to create a symbolic link between your 'cloud drive' and the 'my documents' folder on your pc's.

mklink "C:\Users\xxx\Dropbox\The Sims 4" "D:\Users\xxx\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4"

(you need to run the command promt as an Administrator)

Now your save games, custom content en mods are synced between all your Sims4 installations.

Using this technique I'm able to play TS4 on both my laptop (during travel) and my main PC.
Just make sure you don't run TS4 on both machines at the same time, as Origin may classify such an action as possible piracy.

Hope this helps.

Source: http://kotaku.com/small-ways-to-make-your-sims-4-experience-way-better-1630713426 (comments)

Or else give this a try:
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-sync-your-saved-pc-games-between-computers-with-1501078690

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 6 (74,347 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@CodySimstein wrote:

Hello,

Cody

Thank the heavens!!

You have no idea how relieved I am.

Message 4 of 6 (74,340 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello if i try thit cmd says access denied , i used cmd as admin and also unchecked only for read , do you know why please?

Message 5 of 6 (56,390 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi! This answer is the real answer to my curiosity. Just one more thing, I'm really seeking for an answer because lately I've been playing with my laptop hp spectre 360, and it gets very hot and I'm worried that it might crash if I keep playing it on my laptop, so I wish to move my gameplay to the pc (synced).does anybody knows what will happen if two computers with the same account but different saved files are being sync? (Currently using OneDrive as my cloud) Will it merge? If it does merge, which files are gonna be on top of which? Do I have to change the saved files name first?
Sorry about the long question! Thank you in advance, and have a nice day 🌞
Message 6 of 6 (55,920 Views)