Re: IT KEEPS CRASHING

by CMeki

Original Post

IT KEEPS CRASHING

★ Novice

So I've had sims for a WHILE. I have all of the game packs and have never had a single problem...until i downloaded the dogs and cats. Now if i have a household no one can leave the lot within the first 5 minutes of me playing or the game crashes (except for when the kids need to go to school). So they cant work, if my pets get sick they cant leave or anything or it just keeps crashing. Ive tried to move folders, reinstall the game and even repair it but nothing seems to be working. Please help me, i dont want Toast to die

Message 1 of 7 (277 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kjeansimon907

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Also, please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 7 (266 Views)

★ Novice
I don’t have anything on it but the original stuff. I used to download cc a while ago but that crashed my last laptop.
Message 3 of 7 (254 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kjeansimon907

Please still post the dxdiag I asked for Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (247 Views)

★ Novice

here

Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You have a 32 bit OS however Cats & Dogs requires a 64bit OS. You also have too little RAM and your CPU and graphics is pretty weak as well. You can do two things. Buy a better Computer or get a refund for Cats & Dogs.

For the latter you need to contact a game advisor.

https://help.ea.com/ click on Contact Us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 7 (237 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kjeansimon907

If you choose to continue with you computer without Cats and Dogs, you should make sure to upgrade your graphics drivers. They are from early 2010, there has to be something newer!

Message 7 of 7 (221 Views)