Re: *ISSUE* The Sims 3 Mods Folder - not working.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddictOops, that desktop file was from when I was following something you said in the previous thread pertaining to moving the old sims file to the desktop and launching the game to create a new folder in Electronic Arts. I've deleted it now, thanks. Yes, the download I have is from Mod the Sims--glad to know the date is not what's causing this problem. Okay, I just deleted those packages and launched the game, and the intro showed up. I left, went back to the folder, and the packages are there again?

Edit-- It appears that whenever I launch and then leave the sims 3, those packages that you told me to delete (which I did) re-appear in the folder when I leave the game.

Message 21 of 30 (3,831 Views)
Highlighted

@pomk786  The five cache files I listed will regenerate as soon as you open the launcher, that's normal.  The point is to force the game to create new nes to refresh their data.

Could you please post a screenshot of the Packages folder inside the folder in the same style as you did before?  As in, with the file path showing, and the entire contents of Packages listed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 30 (3,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh, I see. All righty, I've attached two photos in case one didn't display what you meant correctly 

Message 23 of 30 (3,796 Views)

@pomk786  What patch level does your game have?  You can see it in the lower left corner of the launcher, among many other places.  Please list the full number.

Message 24 of 30 (3,762 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict 1.0.631.00001
Message 25 of 30 (3,742 Views)

@pomk786  That's the issue: your patch level is so old, it predates the mods setup that you're using.  (The way to install mods was changed in I think 2010.)  The fastest way to get to patch 1.67 is by running the Super Patch, an EA-made tool that does all the work at once.  You can download it here, under "Cumulative Base Game Super Patcher":

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

It's a good idea to move your Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts first, run the patch, start the game once to make sure it's working, then transfer any content you want to keep from the old folder to the new one.  Here's a complete list of everything you'll find in that folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If the mods still don't work, just download a fresh copy of the Mods Framework, add it to the new user data folder, and delete the cache files again.

Message 26 of 30 (3,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Omg, wow! I would have never guessed that was the issue. I'll do exactly what you said and let you know how it works out--thank you SO much for your help. Much appreciated!
Message 27 of 30 (3,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Hello! So today I installed the update and everything, and finally the mods that came with the folder worked when I launched the game: no intro, etc. So thank you! The only thing I'm having trouble with now is getting the custom content mods to actually show up in the game. I downloaded a Mod from Thesimsresource, and it didn't show up in the Downloads section of the sims 3 game launcher. I even moved the installed mod file into the Mods folder, and when that didn't work, I moved it into the Mods packages folder where the no intro mod is, but the custom content I downloaded still didn't show up in the game itself.
Message 28 of 30 (3,680 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Never mind, I solved the problem-- I needed to click the mod file itself instead of click 'show in folder.' Everything works now. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 29 of 30 (4,082 Views)

Community Manager
That's great @pomk786. Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. Standard smile

Locking thread here. If there's similar issues in future, please feel free to pop open a new thread if there isn't an thread active on it.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 30 of 30 (3,531 Views)