Re: [ISSUE] Savegame Corruption

by xostaxceeox

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

So I found a solution with out having to start a new game. 

Problem:

One sims icon was not showing his face and I could not click on him or move him. Then after restarting the game the whole family's icons disappeared, sometimes the house was invisible from the map. They were moving around though. Then I couldnt go into buy or build mode and could not see their needs or anything on that part of the screen in just this household. 

Solution:

• I evicted the household ( This is better than placing a copy in the library from the start because mine would freeze in processing) with the lot.
  • Then when the house is in my clipboard I saved a copy to the library.  
  • Go back to Game setup ( or whatever is at the top of the screen in the shape of a bar)
  • Bulldozer the old lot completely leaving an empty lot. 
  • Then you should be able to place the family with its house in the same location.

This worked 100% for me and I went through a lot of different things like resetting sims and moving them with cheat codes to delete them. 

Their jobs remain, their backpack inventory remains, THEIR RELATIONSHIPS WITH FRIENDS DO NOT. Their outfits remain. This was the best solution for me. I've been having alot of glitches lately and I did not even update or download anything. This specific glitch happened to me after installing Seasons and University. 

My previous glitch was my sim not going to work when the icon show us, it just vanished. I created a new career outfit and that solved that issue.  

Message 11 of 14 (2,526 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank u for ur help,but I'm not that bright trying to move things around,I don't even know how to get mods.I don't know how can I separate the household & put them individually into the library,so if I want to use them later in a different game.I have this new laptop,my other one went kaput,so I lost a lot of good stuff & this one doesn't seem to handle much.So when I create a sim,why am I NOT  able to  share it w/ others..

Message 12 of 14 (2,519 Views)

★★ Novice

I just came out of a game to try & see if my game was corrupt.  After 2 years of not playing The Sims 3, I decided to come back!  I played for 2 days straight!<--This being my 2nd day.
Anyways, this is more like..."Signs that your Game is Corrupt:"
1.  The Z's as your Sims sleep stop suddenly, & then go back to floating in the air.
2.  Some object doesn't work properly.  Examples: Your Sim's Limo clips onto your Sim's Household Lot or Your Sim's Baby Stroller is stuck or Sims are stuck on Lots where it seems like they should have enough room to move around.
3.  Your Game Crashes or Freezes
Soulution to #3 (usually works, not always):  #3 is usually because your Memory Meter on your computer is too hot.  When you are in game, try clicking on The 3 Dot Menu Button aka Options Button, or whatever that button is called.  Then...if you have a Windows Button on your Keyboard, you can just hit that button & wait until you can see your Windows 7-10 Background pops-up.  If you listen for the 3 Dot Menu to make its noise, then...usually, you can just go back into your game & save it!  Standard smile
Before "Answers HQ" there was something called "The Forums" which was similar to this.  It was there where I received an answer that noted why I couldn't play for very long, anymore:  "It's automated," they said.  Well,  I say, "REMOVE THIS "AUTOMATED" TIMED PROGRAMMING & WE'D HAVE A PERFECT GAME!"
Oh, wait, & my Startup/Autorun Page does say, "Some of the Content will ruin your game.  Click CANCEL to keep your choices."<--So, that's a 4th Sign that your Game is Corrupt."<--This warning does say you can go back into The "Expansion Packs" Tab & remove those "outside your neighborhood games"<--This what annoys me, as well.  As I like to play with ALL OF MY PACKS!
OK, sorry about that last part, but seriously...you are right, ppl need to come back here & fix things.       

Message 13 of 14 (1,994 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you sooooooo much! Making a copy of the family and house fixed my problem. I missed going to he future.
Message 14 of 14 (1,887 Views)