Re: INVALID Product Code

by RebeccaRipple

Original Post

INVALID Product Code

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to regiester my game on sims 3 community (I purchased this game yesterday via Origin) and it is saying that the product key is invalid. Please help as it is the correct code.

Message 1 of 10 (511 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem, too, and by the looks of other posts on this forum, many other customers of EA have, too. I bought my copy of The Sims 3: Seasons on Amazon US; others have bought it from various other authorized retailers, or else directly from Origin, as you have. This is really frustrating, and I hope this problem is being looked at carefully by actual Electronic Arts support staff.

I'm wondering if I should file a support ticket to let the EA support team know that this is a real issue that a lot of their paying customers are having. Has anyone reading this thread already contacted them that way?

Message 2 of 10 (501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having the same issue. I've bought 2 EP's in the last week (Generations and Seasons) and neither one can be registered. Both were purchased through the Origin Client.

Awesome job EA Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 3 of 10 (494 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing happened to me, it said invalid with each of my codes. I contacted EA and they got back to me a week or two later. And then most of them showed up on My Page, but World Adventures still hasn't so I'm waiting for them to contact me back yet again. Frown I'm sure it'll all be fixed in time....

Message 4 of 10 (476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can I ask how you contacted them...do you have an email address or (better still) a phone number? i cant even download my generations EP na dits dribing me mad!

Message 5 of 10 (467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right, I think I figured some of this out. If you buy the game on Origin, they already submit the serial code for you. So download origin, then click into it on your computer. In the top left hand corner, theres a thing that says "my games". Click into this and the game should be there...then click download and BOOM! YOU HAVE YOUR GAME! :D hope this works Standard smile

Message 6 of 10 (451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://help.ea.com/contact-us This was handy...the live chat was quite useful!

Message 7 of 10 (449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA solved the issue for me. I bought my copy on Amazon and could not register it. I went to this address: https://help.ea.com/contactus/channel-offer?product=the-sims-3 and I asked to chat with someone live. They fixed the issue within about a half an hour and were very helpful. I would recommend doing this if you are having issues registering your game. Hope this helps!

Message 8 of 10 (426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 9 of 10 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@grazyc wrote:

Um, what doesn't work? That's just a notification email to let you know I had replied to a topic you're watching.

Message 10 of 10 (397 Views)