Only one problem so far...

by CheetahBuilder

Original Post

Re: [INFO] Sims 4 and Windows 10 - Post your issues here

★★★ Newbie
My sims 4 game keeps shutting down my
Computer
Completely during game play without warning! I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and it does nothing to fix the issue. I have also tried to save every few minutes but it still shuts down. Also my computer is not overheated; I checked that out too.
Please help
Message 141 of 179 (482 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 142 of 179 (481 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a yet-to-be-solved issue that seems to be rare because I've yet to find anyone else with this problem, though many have had similar. I'm sure you're all aware that for some, when you try to open Origin (even from its installation folder), Windows 10 claims that it does not exist. A temporary workaround was posted by a member who said if you simply change the file name, it will open. This works, though a nuisance, and you need only change the program back to its original name once Origin is open in order to update, download games, etc.

Well, as it turns out, even having worked around this issue, when I go to play Sims 4, the very same "does not exist" error occurs. I tried changing the name of the launcher which produced a different error: "Invalid or missing .par file". Simple enough. Just change the name of TS4.par file, as well, to the same name you changed TS4 to (ignoring, of course, the .par part). Finally, it recognizes it's there only to produce the final error: "Origin is not installed." I had hoped that changing the name of Origin, as before, would solve this problem but it does not. So here I am stuck and cannot think of any nonsense workaround to get my $70 piece of broken pixels to work and I am sick of how long it is taking both Origin and Microsoft to fix it ("All of The Sims Games Work on Windows 10", my behind.)

If someone else has suffered from this problem and found a solution, please help. I am desperate to play my beloved Sims again. I have the Premium Edition (and own every EP/SP of previous generations) and was going to finally catch up on TS4's DLC but with how many issues I have had with this game, I'm starting to wonder if my loyalty should remain.

P.S. Do not suggest things like "Reinstall the game, clear your cache, try an admin account" or any of that nonsense that only really helps a braindead squirrel who is smart enough to turn on a computer but not intelligent enough to know how to use it. I am not a six-year-old and I know how computers work. After spending over three hours with EA "Support" entertaining these useless solutions, I am at the end of my rope.

Message 143 of 179 (442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi

i put sims 4 on my windows 10 pc after getting it in the 60% sale

at first i had to cut and paste it into a differant file as orgain wouid not load it up and then copy it back to the orgainal game file before i couid play it

then i have just loaded it up only to be told there was a update tyo the game and couid not play the game till it was updated  and now the game won't load at all

it is not a good start to christmas is it was a early present for me

amanda

Message 144 of 179 (370 Views)

Hero

Does Origin start now ?

Are you getting any error messages ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 179 (366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Origins runs, but every time I launch Sims 4 (and the $20 work expansion I just paid for), it tells me MSVCP100.dll is missing.  Then it tells me MSVCR100.dll is missing.  Yes, I followed the steps to download the Microsoft dlls.  Does not make a difference.  Very frustrating.  Does anyone have any advice?  (and yes I installed both the x64 and x86 files for Windows 10)

Message 146 of 179 (362 Views)

Hero

Do you have Windows 10 all updated ? Did you try uninstalling the redistributable and reinstalling or just install them over the existing ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 147 of 179 (357 Views)

★★★ Novice

And my problem was ignored, why?

Message 148 of 179 (349 Views)

Hero

Probably cause no one could help you.

Keep in mind that we're all users here and do this on our own time without being compensated. We do this to the best of our knowledge.

There's stuff we simply can't help with and for that it's best if you contacted a game advisor directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 149 of 179 (345 Views)

Only one problem so far...

★★★★ Novice

I've only found one problem so far and that is the Wifi connection. No matter what I do, it just doesn't connect. I'm not sure if this is completely a Windows 10 problem, but it started when I got Windows 10 so I've come to think it is.

Message 150 of 179 (340 Views)