Re: [INFO] Sims 4 and Windows 10 - Post your issues here

by goosegirlgozzer

Original Post

[INFO] Sims 4 and Windows 10

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi guys,

to keep the Windows 10 release a bit organized, I'm making a sticky.

I'll be putting solutions/problems on the first page and I'll be moving threads in here.

Please put all your issues here. My schedule is a bit tight atm but I wanted to make a thread nonetheless.

Be aware that you need to update your graphics drivers and you may need to run in Windows 7 or Windows 8 compatibility mode if you have any issues. Check this article for more info and suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 179 (38,323 Views)

Known Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

Missing DLLs

These DLLs are part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.

I do not recommend downloading the DLL from some third party site cause you never know if you aren't download an incompatible version or a virus to go with it. Use the official MS Page.

Origin start up error 0xc000007b (credits to @EA_Nils)

This isn't an issue with the Origin Client, but rather with some legacy files missing within the new operating system.

Update your MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for x64 and x86:

Should you still encounter the same issue afterwards, first make sure that you have all optional Windows Updates installed and then run Windows System File Checker as highlighted in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

As a last resort, you can look into refreshing and resetting your PC as in the linked article.

Game is already running message (credits to @pekesims)

1. Find the "Electronic Arts" folder inside "Documents".
  2. Right click on it and choose "Properties".
  3. In the new window, select the "Sharing", and a few lines below, press the "Sharing..." button.
  4. It will open a new window. There's a drop-down list. Choose "Everyone" and then Add.
  5. Everyone will be added to the list below. Choose "Read/write" in the permission level for everyone.
  6. Save the changes.
  7. Open Origin, log in, and try to launch your game again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 179 (38,214 Views)

Re: Known Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'll do a quick game session of The Sims 4 and I will report on my experience as soon as I can.

Update 1: A bad start. I tried downloading a game update, but my antivirus (Avast) found an infection. I'll just disable my antivirus for now and deal with the consequences later. Here's what Avast had to say:

URL: http://lvlt.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/s/shift/the_sims/the_sims_4/fg_-_ww_us/the_sims_4_pc_fg__ww_us_beta_...

Infection: Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]

Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe

Update 2: Everything else seems to be working fine.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 179 (38,196 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I have been having nothing but issues. I have been starting the game and as soon as the main window pops up It starts streaking graphically across the screen. Sims 4 wont do anything else. I then have to exit game. I can't play the game with streaks going through the screen. If you can find a solution it would be great. This problem never happened with 8.1.

Monica Kern  Simmer since day 1

Message 4 of 179 (38,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello @goosegirlgozzer,

Have you updated your graphics card's drivers for Windows 10? I can help you find the correct files you have to download and install if you tell me which graphics card you own.

Message 5 of 179 (38,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a lot of problems with setting up sims 4 again. First of all it said that "MSVCP100.dll" was missing. I got in touch with Windows and they instructed me to do certain things to make it work again. I did that twice and it finally worked. However, today I went on to origin and clicked on Sims 4, but when I had pressed play it came up as an error and said that the licence was invalid and that "MSVCP120.dll" was missing.

Does anyone know what to do to get this working again?

Message 6 of 179 (38,044 Views)

★ Novice

Hey I have the problem of when I go into Origins and click play, it automatically comes with the game might have some missing or is damaged, it keeps telling me to try re installing and I did a couple of times, I am not going to do it again as I am about to give up and I did was update to Windows 10. I haven't been able to play Sims for a few days now. Will my stuff delete, like my families and houses?

Message 7 of 179 (38,037 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Doodles220011 escribió:

I had a lot of problems with setting up sims 4 again. First of all it said that "MSVCP100.dll" was missing. I got in touch with Windows and they instructed me to do certain things to make it work again. I did that twice and it finally worked. However, today I went on to origin and clicked on Sims 4, but when I had pressed play it came up as an error and said that the licence was invalid and that "MSVCP120.dll" was missing.

Does anyone know what to do to get this working again?

Hi @Doodles220011

Could you please tell us what did Windows instruct you to do?

About the MSVCP120.dll, please check this article.

JessandThomas22 escribió:

Hey I have the problem of when I go into Origins and click play, it automatically comes with the game might have some missing or is damaged, it keeps telling me to try re installing and I did a couple of times, I am not going to do it again as I am about to give up and I did was update to Windows 10. I haven't been able to play Sims for a few days now. Will my stuff delete, like my families and houses?

Hi @JessandThomas22

Did this happen before you updated to Windows 10? Have you got any mods or custom content installed in your game? If so, please, remove them, clear your cache and try again.

If that doesn't help, then find the "The Sims 4" folder in Documents/Electronic Arts and rename it to "The Sims 4 not working" or whatever you want. Then, try to open the game again. If it works, you will find that your saved games are gone, but don't worry, they are still in the renamed folder. Just let us know how it went.

Message 8 of 179 (38,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since upgrading to Windows 10, Sims 4 won't even launch.  I get:

"Unable to start:

The Sims 4 game is already running."

[ed35e0ea:29f00e76:18a1dd51]"

This is from a fresh boot, so it definitely is not running.

Message 9 of 179 (37,999 Views)

Hero (Retired)

jdripple escribió:

Since upgrading to Windows 10, Sims 4 won't even launch.  I get:

"Unable to start:

The Sims 4 game is already running."

[ed35e0ea:29f00e76:18a1dd51]"

This is from a fresh boot, so it definitely is not running.

Hi @jdripple

Please, try the following steps:

1. Find the "Electronic Arts" folder inside "Documents".
  2. Right click on it and choose "Properties".
  3. In the new window, select the "Sharing", and a few lines below, press the "Sharing..." button.
  4. It will open a new window. There's a drop-down list. Choose "Everyone" and then Add.
  5. Everyone will be added to the list below. Choose "Read/write" in the permission level for everyone.
  6. Save the changes.
  7. Open Origin, log in, and try to launch your game again.

Let me know if that works for you.

Message 10 of 179 (37,978 Views)