Re: [INFO] Serial Code Issues and Redeeming Bonus Content - PLEASE READ!

by EA_Nils

Original Post

[INFO] Serial Code Issues and Redeeming Bonus Content - PLEASE READ!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Before you make yet another post about invalid serial codes, read this

Instructions on how to register the game can be found here: How to Register The Sims 3 and also read the following [FAQ] Invalid and Used Serial Codes & Games not showing up in Origin

If you bought through Origin, there's no need to register again. Go to your myPage on thesims3.com and check if your icon shows up. If it does, you're good to go. It may take a moment to show up, so don't despair. I'm unsure at this point what happens if you never had an account before or if your accounts on thesims3.com and Origin do not have the same email address.

If it isn't, it could still be the matter of broken icons, so try to redeem your limited and Origin codes to get the bonus content, if you can, your game is registered fine. You do not need to do anything else.

If you get an error message on the redeem page, go check your purchase history to see if it's availble to download anyways. If it is, all is good.

If it doesn't you need to contact Customer Support. Don't choose the AnswerHQ option, you'll be redirected back here. Live Chat is the only option!! No one here will be able to help you with invalid codes. We're users like you.

What do to if you didn't receive an email with your code

Check on the origin client.

Right click on the game and choose Show game details. The code should be there. If not, either hit refresh or log out and back in.

GameDetails.png

Here are the links for redeeming your content (links not really working yet)

Further Details can be found here: How to redeem the limited edition content

Good Luck and Have Fun everyone.

------------------------------------

Did this FAQ help you with your issue ? If so, please consider pressing the XP button

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 20 (12,118 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

To add onto the great FAQ from Crinrict:

If you pre-ordered The Sims 3: Island Paradise through Origin you get an extra free bonus for pre-ordering. These bonuses require a bonus code that you will receive via email.

• North Americans receive Barnacle Bay. In order to redeem the code for Barnacle Bay, please go to https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html.
  • Europeans receive a free Stuff Pack. To get your Stuff Pack, redeem the code from your email in Origin. It will be good for any Stuff Pack in the store except Diesel Stuff or Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. The offer is available until July 11 and the code will be redeemable until August 31, 2013.

Emails are currently being sent and you should receive yours within 24-48 hours. We apologize for the delay.

Message 2 of 20 (12,001 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for this explanation!

Now I know why I can't dowload Diesel stuff kinda sucks though I already own all of the other stuff packs =(

Message 3 of 20 (11,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

we are about 96 hours after when you said we would be getting our barnacle bay codes. Are they still being sent out as we speak? or did a whole bunch of us get overlooked. I have been checking my email, my spam box, anywhere I can think of, and still, I have not recieved my barnacle bay code.

48 hours was two days ago.

can we get an update on what is going on. The only reason I preordered instead of simply buying in a physical, bricks and morter store was because of the barnacle bay offer.

Message 4 of 20 (11,589 Views)

Hero

If you still haven't got it, you need to contact customer support. Only they can help you

The AnswerHQ is about Users helping Users.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

---------------------------------
Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (11,576 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

.I have still not received my e-mail for the pre ordering early. i have received one packages, and that is because I have been researching why i did not get the information.. I pre order the limited edition and still have not receive my limited edition stuff and early ordering or pre ordering kathy

Message 6 of 20 (11,165 Views)

Hero

Then contact customer support.

Info in the post above yours.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (11,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, it's August 3, and I can download but not install.  I need a serial ? There was no serial in my order confirmation ?

By completing your purchase with Origin, your game purchase is automatically registered to your Origin account.

To Download The Sims™ 3 Island Paradise
Please visit your "My Games" section in the Origin client.

Message 8 of 20 (10,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ordered the game on Origin earlier, and was not sent an installation code in my email.

Message 9 of 20 (10,553 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I didn't get a registration code in my e-mail either.  Frown

Message 10 of 20 (10,421 Views)