Re: [INFO REQUEST] Sims 4 starting in small window/Not starting

by SilverandSonic

Original Post

★ Apprentice
Ok. I might move my old saves back, I haven't really decided yet.

Thank you so much for your help in trying to find a solution. Thank you to the other's who have replied too. Hopefully things stay normal from now on Standard smile
Message 141 of 171 (550 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
Best of luck and enjoy Get To Work! Wink

(I really liked the cop career)
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 142 of 171 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OER ID: 08465fbb7000db34

Message 143 of 171 (534 Views)

Hero

Did you try turning off Origin In game @kfay95 ?

Also tagging @EA_Francois to check the OER

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 144 of 171 (528 Views)

@kfay95
I'm gonna take a look at the OER. I'm a novice at decyphering them but it's time to practice. :D

I'll post again with my findings, I suggest you try disabling Origin in-Game in the meantime as suggested, though.
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 145 of 171 (519 Views)

@kfay95

So looking at your report, I see that your computer is the bare minimum to run the game (if you confirm this is the same model you have: http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/toshiba-satellite-c655/specs/). As a result, I suggest you check that the drivers for your onboard graphic card are updated.

Download and run the following program to install the latest Intel display drivers for your PC: http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3228187

Note that you'll still have to disable Origin In-Game as mentioned above for an optimal chance of the game running smoothly, but even then, no guarantees, your computer is treading a very fine line. ^_^

Message 146 of 171 (515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My OER is 0851f3cb7000fb13

Message 147 of 171 (498 Views)

@DarkIvee

First off, please make sure you start Origin with Administrator rights: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/

Next please right-click the game tile under the "My Games" tab and select "Repair Game".
Are you able to progress now?
If you cannot, please re-start Origin with administrator rights then just right click the game tile and choose uninstall. Next download and install the game once more and report back here.

Message 148 of 171 (484 Views)

★ Novice

My ID: 085a066b80010f15

Message 149 of 171 (466 Views)

@sara0jezebel

It seems that your laptop is under the minimum specs for the game. On top of that, the drivers for your graphic chipset are outdated. You may have more luck with an update, but no promises:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

Download and install the following, then restart your computer. Some computers in that model seem to have their own GPU, but I don't think that's the case for yours.

Message 150 of 171 (438 Views)