[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My house(s) are gone

Community Manager (retired)

Can you guys upload your save files affected by the issue to a file sharing website, and give us the link here? Dropbox or any other website will do. Standard smile

Ideally, we would like you to upload both a before and after save, one where you have the problem and the last one before the problem appeared.

Simply link it here afterwards.

Tagging @crinrict and @EA_Kristi for visibility. 

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 41 of 557 (5,351 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

★★★ Novice
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
    • i don't have mods or cc and i have never used any
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ?
    • no i do not
  • Which expansion do you have ?
    • i have get to work, spa day, and perfect patio stuff 
  • What's your operating system ?
    • I'm on a macbook pro with OS X yosemite
  • Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
    • every single lot i go to is gone and when i made a new sim and selected her first house even that was gone but only my first sim's house is still showing up but every other lot disappears.
  • When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
    • this started happening yesterday and it happens when i travel to any kind of lot.
  • Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
    • the entire lot is gone and so far the only lot where the sims have appeared is when i went to work with my sim at the hospital but that is it.
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in)
    • i have 81.82 GB free out of 120.11 GB total.
  • Anything else that comes to mind ?
    • when i go into build mode from the manage worlds map, when its finished loading, the screen comes up black and then zooms in halfway and theres a straight line through the screen. For example, like if its day time, the top half of the screen would be blue and a straight edge and then the bottom half is the rest of the world and it just does not look normal.
Message 42 of 557 (5,327 Views)

empty lots!!!

★★★ Novice
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
    • i don't have mods or cc and i have never used any
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ?
    • no i do not
  • Which expansion do you have ?
    • i have get to work, spa day, and perfect patio stuff 
  • What's your operating system ?
    • I'm on a macbook pro with OS X yosemite
  • Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
    • every single lot i go to is gone and when i made a new sim and selected her first house even that was gone but only my first sim's house is still showing up but every other lot disappears.
  • When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
    • this started happening yesterday and it happens when i travel to any kind of lot.
  • Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
    • the entire lot is gone and so far the only lot where the sims have appeared is when i went to work with my sim at the hospital but that is it.
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in)
    • i have 81.82 GB free out of 120.11 GB total.
  • Anything else that comes to mind ?
    • when i go into build mode from the manage worlds map, when its finished loading, the screen comes up black and then zooms in halfway and theres a straight line through the screen. For example, like if its day time, the top half of the screen would be blue and a straight edge and then the bottom half is the rest of the world and it just does not look normal.
Message 43 of 557 (5,319 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 557 (5,315 Views)

Re: empty lots!!!

@juneberry22 merged your topic in to this thread.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 45 of 557 (5,309 Views)

empty lots solution!!

★★★ Novice

i actually found a solution to this problem! i am on a macbook so i went to finder so I'm not sure how it works on windows/pc but wherever documents are on your computer you go there and then click EA and then click sims 4 and click and drag the "saves" file and drag it to your desktop and you game should start working again! it worked for me so hopefully it works for everyone else! i found this info on a different page but it was in spanish so whoever wrote it (forgot your name) i will give credit to you. i apologize for forgetting your name but thank you!! 

Message 46 of 557 (5,298 Views)

Re: empty lots solution!!

Hero

But this way you loose your save game. Did you just start a new game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 557 (5,294 Views)

Re: empty lots solution!!

★★★ Novice

yes i did have to start a new game. thats the only bad thing about this solution. :/

Message 48 of 557 (5,291 Views)

sims 4 get to work buildings not there

★★★ Newbie

I've just started to play sims 4 get to work, but whenever I go to work with my sim the building isn't there.

Message 49 of 557 (5,267 Views)

Re: sims 4 get to work buildings not there

@Gemjarrr93 see the first page of this topic.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 50 of 557 (5,253 Views)