[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

city living buildings not loading

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure???
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats & dogs, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, seasons, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, vampires, bowling night, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, my first pet, perfect patio, toddler.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? well whenever I try and travel or move into one of the city living buildings it doesn't actually load.. it jut=st shows an empty lot rather than the apartments.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try and travel or move to a city living building and it just shows an empty lot. its only something that has been happening lately as it did used to load but now it wont allow me to visit or anything to the buildings and I don't know how to build the apartments completely from scratch. i have no mods installed either.
What do you expect to see? i expect to be able to see the apartments, be able to visit them and be able to move into them and not just see an empty lot..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

These pictures just show the buildings not loading

Message 291 of 557 (1,152 Views)

Re: city living buildings not loading

Hero

Hi @showe93362 

I merged your post with an existing thread.

It is most likely this long standing issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/jump-t... and there's a few suggestions on the first page of that thread what you can try.

Unfortunately it's very evasive .. so if you happen to have a save before they started disappearing, that'd be great.

Could you also post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 292 of 557 (1,142 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

EA Sims Team

Hello @Starstreaka 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 293 of 557 (1,185 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo  - I've uploaded the save where this happened in my game, in case you find it useful. I don't have a save with the empty lot in it, as the game deleted the contents of my save file after. This is the save that preceded the problem, recovered from a backup. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vyjb2RPQgRWYVsphd4_a6uay3zpc9KlT

Message 294 of 557 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1.Never used.

2.Yes, very often.

3.GTW, GF,Seasons and CD.

2.PC and Windows 10.

3.All lots including hidden ones such as Sixam and Sylvan Glade, Parks and national parks, venues and home lots.

4.Whenever you leave the lot, saved or unsaved, and go onto the world map. Lots look perfectly normal from the world map but are empty when loaded. Sims and name are intact, however venue type is not. This happens on original or downloaded/edited lots.

5.Just the house and venue type. The name, description ??and traits?? are intact.

6.Loads. Pretty new laptop.

Message 295 of 557 (1,151 Views)

Hero

Hi @Lasaglas 

would you also be willing to share your save with @SimQARobo as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 296 of 557 (1,141 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BlackjackWidow 

Thank you for the files!  Unfortunately we have not yet been able to see the issue with your saves.  Is there any other info you can share that may help?  Could you share this file: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 297 of 557 (1,187 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimQARobo  - I uploaded a couple of zip files to the link. There is one with the requested files from before the problem, and one with the entire TS4 folder as it looked afterward. Unfortunately, I was not saving the full TS4 folders, only the saves, before this happened so I don't have a full copy of the folder from before. Hope these help. If I can find reproducible steps, I will update you.

Mine is a bit different from the others, since it deleted my entire save folder after the lot disappeared, but I think that had to do with my going into build mode and trying a "save as" when the lot had disappeared. 

Message 298 of 557 (1,174 Views)

★ Novice

If i try to get an apartment the whole building is gone when i load the game, or when i visit a new lot, if I try to move a SIM into a house that is prebuilt and all ready on the lot it loads as a blank lot, if i visit any lot it also also shows an an empty lot. And also when making a new sims and go to pick the lot I want community lots appear and able to buy and move into, but yet again the building disappears.

• Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?

I use mods but even with the removed fron the gme it still dose this.

• Do you download houses from the Gallery ?

Yes, but even pre loaded houses disappear when going into the lot.

• Which expansion do you have ?

To many to remember

• What's your operating system ?

Windows 10

• Which house(s) are gone ? Npc Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?

House type dosnt matter, of i leave the lot and go back they r gone, also happens with community lots.

• When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?

Traveling or moving sims into new place

• Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?

Just the building on the lot.  Sims appear just fine.

• How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?

Plenty

Message 299 of 557 (1,163 Views)

Hero

Hi @kellylynp 

Could you also upload your information as asked by SimQARobo: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/m-p/7397241#M133906

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 300 of 557 (1,156 Views)