[OPEN] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

EA Sims Team

Hello @ceunon20

Could you send the files to one of these locations?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

My team is not allowed to use any other service at the moment.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 241 of 557 (2,460 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 242 of 557 (2,448 Views)

Hero

Does anyone still have issues with this after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 243 of 557 (2,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'll test it.
But it will take some time because I need to make all possibilities for this issue to happen and that includes live in various families, each one of them for a while!

Message 244 of 557 (2,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this problem too!

• Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
    - Yes I am using custom content. I suspected the bug might have had something to do with the newer ones I downloaded this week, so I moved them out to the desktop, but when I start the game again, the lots still disappear... I didn't have the problem before I downloaded the new costum content.
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ?
    - Yes
  • Which expansion do you have ?
    - I have all the expansion packs, dine out, vintage glamour, outdoor retreat, movie hangout
  • What's your operating system ?
    ehhh..... macbook air, 64 something (i think)
  • Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
    - One house downloaded from the gallery with changes and one premade house
  • When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
    I was in the game already. I'd edited some sims and created new pets. I went to a premade lot with a premade family to put in some animal furniture and the house next to the lot (the one from the gallary) was gone. I went out to the map again, added a pet to another family (premade family in premade house) and when I had added a dog, I went to their house and their house was gone! Just an empty lot...
  • Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
    Just the houses
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?
    It has been almost empty and completely empty a few times this past months. If it got filled up while I was in the game, I immidiatly restarted the computer (to remove cache and get more space) and I didn't experience any problems from it... Tho, yesterday (or the day before that.. I can't remember) I deleted some videoes from my computer that took a lot of space and so I got about 8-16 gigabyte more space. There's currently 8gb left. And friday night (yesterday) I bought and installed the Cats & Dogs expantion pack and the Vintage Glamour stuff pack.
  • Anything else that comes to mind ?
    I've tried to load some saved games, one from earlier today before the problem and one from two days ago, but the lot still disappeares when I go to them. When I load the game from different saves, the houses are on the map, but when I go into them in buildmode they disappear and then when I go out to the map again there's only empty lots (still with the sims living on them). So far it's only two houses, both in the "green" premade/original neighbourhood (can't remember it's name right now...)
Update (Saturday evening): I tried the accepted solution on this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-Get-to-Work-The-Lots-keep-disappearing/td-p...
But it didn't work. The lots still disappeared. Then I went into the game and went to the (now) empty lots, and replaced the buildings. Everything worked fine again and they didn't disappear again. Tho, after some time playing, I was asked to go to a restaurant (that I've build myself, with some bits of the original premade house that was build on the lot) with a friend and when they arrived, the restaurant had disappeared... I immidiatly closed down the game without saving.
Also, the restaurant's lot type had been changed (not by myself!!) from restaurant to residential with one bedroom and one bathroom..

Message 245 of 557 (2,023 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @AstridDraborg

Do you still have save files from before and after the lots went missing?  If so, would you be willing to share them? 

(Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 246 of 557 (1,981 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @SimQARobo

I haven't deleted any so I should have them.

I'm not sure which is which or the difference between all of them so I've uploaded all of the saved files from the game I'm having troubles with. (I have two games. I haven't experienced the problem in my second game. Tho, I've never really played it... Only moved in one household and not even played on it..)

I've uploaded them to my OneDrive account: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmBKv1mCviQcpEOGt1JxKceLx2V1

OH and I just have one question:

Since I can't really play the game I'm having trouble with (because I shouldn't save it after the problems occurred) can I make a new "game" and play and save that one, without contributing to the problem of my main game? Cause I've really missed playing these past few days.. 😅 But, you know, I didn't want to make the problems any bigger^^

Message 247 of 557 (1,969 Views)

EA Sims Team

@AstridDraborg

Thank you for the saves!

Yes, you should be able to create a new game without affecting your other saves.  To be extra safe though, it may be a good idea to keep an extra copy of your saves just in case.

Message 248 of 557 (1,949 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo

No problem! I hope you'll be able to find a solution Standard smile

Thank you for looking into this.

Message 249 of 557 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! I'm just writing in to know if you've found a solution yet? or are you too busy?

Message 250 of 557 (1,402 Views)