Re: Sims 4 Lots deleting

by Tumpootl

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

EA Sims Team

@saturnpluie 

OK thank you for the info.  If you run into the problem again, and have saves from before the issue occurred, we would like to see them.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 341 of 557 (1,114 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm a bit confused, how can I rename the lot and shut down the game if I shouldn't save my game?

Message 342 of 557 (1,077 Views)

Hero
Use save as and save it under a new name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 343 of 557 (1,064 Views)

My house in SIMS 4 disappeared after travelling

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So my house in Sims 4 disappeared when I went back home from travelling with my household

before my house, the lounge that we travelled to disappeared as well. I thought, "huh, maybe this is just a glitch and when I get back home, it will be back"

but little did I know, my house disappeared.

I tried doing the drag the folder of The Sims 4 to the desktop and put it back again but nothing happened.

-no signs of demolishment
-no signs of my house burnt to a crisp
-just nothing, only the mailbox

Message 344 of 557 (1,052 Views)

Re: My house in SIMS 4 disappeared after travelling

Hero

Hi @Snokiry 

I merged your post with the current thread on this issue.

It's very unclear what's going on but could you try the workarounds given here and maybe share your save as asked by @SimQARobo 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 345 of 557 (1,025 Views)

Buildings Disappear After Traveling

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hang Out Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With a sim in live mode travel to a different lot OR Purchase a new home
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim arrives at the lot, the building and everything disappears. It is as if it has been bulldozed. This also happens when purchasing new house, but not when you return home from a different lot.
What do you expect to see? a building, if there was one there before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened with the most recent game update

This happens every time, I have tried checking for errors in the game content. I have not yet tried to uninstall and reinstall.

Message 346 of 557 (988 Views)

Re: Buildings Disappear After Traveling

Hero

Hi @alliecat23822 

this is unfortunately an issue since the game out but it's very inconclusive why it happens. 

Other than trying a backup before it started happening there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to fix it but there's some other suggestions in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 347 of 557 (971 Views)

Sims 4 Lots deleting

★★★ Newbie

This started about a week ago. When I would go into a lot up build or update, the lot would be deleted.  And during game play, my sims went to a lot (The Shreaking Llama, and the Rattlesnake Bar - both lots that were with the pack) and as soon as the screen loaded, there wouldn’t be a building on the lot.  When I try to build on a vacant lot, the room box would not have a ceiling or floor.  It’s almost like the game is just deleting anything that I am trying to build or update when the lot loads.  

(I hope I am explaining this clearly) 

Message 348 of 557 (962 Views)

Hero

Hi @brown3395 

I merged your post with existing thread.

This is unfortunately a very inconclusive issue.

Do you have a save from before they started disappearing ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 349 of 557 (933 Views)

★★ Novice

This is happening to me, and there is no way to provide a safe-file from before they started disappearing, because it is happening on brand new saves. 

Message 350 of 557 (892 Views)