Re: Studio is missing

by PixelFacex3

Original Post

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

Hero
Are you on PC or Mac @Pupplylover56 ? Also do you have a save before they disappeared ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 271 of 557 (854 Views)

Studio is missing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? i dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions + jungle/spa/outdoor/dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to the studio area when hired for the soap commercial or the music task
What happens when the bug occurs? I keep failing both tasks since there is no studio, just an empty lot
What do you expect to see? the studio I guess. I am not sure what to expect because it never worked out for me, but I cant do anything in this lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

please take a look at the picture I am sending you.  Its the first time Im playing the newest expansion pack.

There is no studio, just an empty lot. There is nothing I can do when I get to the studio but fail all required tasks.

Message 272 of 557 (793 Views)

Hero

Hi @malisboa

this is one of these issues that's been going on for awhile and are very hard to pinpoint.

Mac users seem most affected still.

• How much disc space do you have left ?
  • Is this a new save your started or an old one ?
  • Do you still have a save from before the lot wasn't there ?
  • Any other lots disappearing ?

(I merged your post with existing thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 273 of 557 (779 Views)

★ Novice
thank you so much for the tips! I will try to clear some disc space and see how it goes.
from the first time ive played, this particular studio was never there, so no saves to compare Frown
Message 274 of 557 (773 Views)

Hero

With the cheat bb.enablefreebuild you can unlock the lot so that you can build something on it.

You might need to upload the studio lot from a fresh save and then you can re-download into your other game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 275 of 557 (767 Views)

Acting Lot Bulldozed By Itself

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, kids room stuff, laundry day, luxury party,perfect patio, romantic garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Seems random.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim goes to work in the acting career the lot where the acting studio should be is not there. It's just an empty lot. I haven't deleted it or anything and it started happening on my sims first acting job after the last time I loaded the game.
What do you expect to see? The acting studio.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I loaded the game today after not playing it since last night. I enrolled my sim in an acting gig and when she travelled to the acting studio lot there was nothing there. I have tried restarting the game. I am going to try repairing it (I've already tried but it gets stuck on finalising and now I can't actually plauy the game lmao because everytime I open origin it starts repairing the game but gets stuck finalising) but I doubt it will work as it literally just appears like the lot has been bulldozed when I haven't edited it at all.

I have no CC in the game. I'm not sure how to get the lot back Frown and the whole expansion is pretty pointless if my sim can't travel to the lot.  I don't want to restart the household because I'll lose all her fame points, achievements, etc. 

Message 276 of 557 (729 Views)

Re: Acting Lot Bulldozed By Itself

Hero
Probably this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-REQUEST-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/jump-t...

Do you happen a save from before the lot disappeared ? Is it the only one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 277 of 557 (716 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I don't understand what you mean

Message 278 of 557 (701 Views)

Hero
For which question ?

Did it happen for any other lots ?
Do you have a save ?
It's the same as above link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 279 of 557 (697 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s really tedious, and only a temporary fix, but if it’s only affecting one save game then you can create a new game that you will use to download affected lots.

On your affected save game, I think you can tell (only fot community lots though :/) which ones are affected by going into map view to see if they have an icon above them. If a bar for example doesn’t have the icon above it for a bar, then it’s probably corrupted. You can screenshot it to see which of the community lots are affected so when you go into your new save you know which lots to download then place back into your game you want to play, without having to travel to a lot to THEN discover it’s corrupted.

This is what works in my game at least. Keeping an eye to check if the lots disappear again at all though. 

Every neighbourhood seems affected for me with about half the lots.

Message 280 of 557 (670 Views)