Re: Sims 4 Lots Disappearing

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Bug

Hero
@DuckyDillon Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Could you please provide the info asked above by @SimQARobo

Also, did you remove the mods before or after the houses disappeared ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 261 of 557 (3,048 Views)

[Seasons]Every Sims 4 lot keeps disappearing everytime I'm in Build or Live mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Get to work, Toddler stuff, Kids room, Get together, City living, Dine out, Spa day, Cool kitchen, Bowling night, Movie hangout, Outdoor retreat, Spooky stuff, Backyard, Laundry day, Vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just start the game and go into a lot during build and buy mode or live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Well, at first it would happen when I send my sim to work and I choose to follow them there (get to work, detective). When My sim would arrive at the lot, the lot would completely vanish. So then I would switch to my other sim and the same thing would happen. What's even more strange is that I live in the small apartments near the spice district, so I know the apartments shouldn't be deleted.
What do you expect to see? Me being able to not only play the detective career without anymore bugs, but to also be able to play on a lot without my house or building being erased.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The second seasons patch. The first one didn't really cause any issues with my game. After the second patch, my sims would began to freeze, while time was still moving forward, and the only way to fix it(temporary) was to restart my game. Then it would work for a big and then start all over again.

One of the pictures shows the detective lot with a bunch of furniture in the sky. I think that was the same furniture from the apartments my current sims are staying in.

Message 262 of 557 (2,449 Views)

Re: [Seasons]Every Sims 4 lot keeps disappearing everytime I'm in Build or Live

Hero

Hi @Knewbell

merged your post with ongoing thread on the issue.

Do you happen to have a save from before they started disappearing you would be willing to share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 263 of 557 (2,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No,I just ended up starting a new game, which did seem to help with my issue. I don't know how long it will last though. Because the save I was playing on, I had been playing on it before the seasons patch.

Message 264 of 557 (2,430 Views)

Hero
Should you get it again. exit without saving and then try again. If it still happens, please share your save with QA and also provide other info asked on page 26 by @SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 265 of 557 (2,415 Views)

★ Novice

I'm struggling so much with my lots disappearing! I build pretty much every house from scratch, and the ones I don't I change a lot in build mode. I've been playing for a couple months and it would suck so bad if everything is gone for good. My sims don't have their houses! I tried following this thread but I've messed with the saves in both sims 4 folders quite a lot now, to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as you seem to know quite a lot about this stuff.

Message 266 of 557 (2,003 Views)

Hero

Hi @monkeyVSshark

moved your post to the master thread of the issue

There's a few suggestions on the first page but mostly there's not much you can do.

Do you happen to have a save from before they start disappearing ? Are you on PC or Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 267 of 557 (1,985 Views)

★ Novice

I don't know which save in the saves folder that's from before they started disappearing, and I don't know how to check. I am on a Mac.

Message 268 of 557 (1,976 Views)

Hero
Could you upload your whole saves folder then as per instructions of SimQRobo on page 26 ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 269 of 557 (1,944 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

★★★★★ Newbie

Are you using mods and custom content in your game? If no, did you remove or never use?

Yes

Do you download houses from the Gallery?

yes

Which expansion do you have ?

all expansions, game packs, and laundry, vintage glamour, spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio stuff, and luxury party stuff

What's your operating system ?

idk

Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?

all

When did this occur ?

every time I leave the lot

When you loaded the game or on traveling ?

yes

Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?

both I think

How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ?

98.1 out of 237

Anything else that comes to mind ?

no

Message 270 of 557 (1,040 Views)