Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

by beebray

Original Post

Re: Disappearing lots

★★ Apprentice

Hi. I wrote my experience under the original threads title, if you want to read that. About I work around this issue to find my "Lost" Houses and families, if it helps anyone find theirs. I used your phrase "different dimensions" and I think someone else also used that phrase. cheers.

Message 231 of 557 (1,060 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uploaded what should be the original file.  None of the homes I built (Newcrest was full) exist anymore as they were deleted in the glitch.  I tried to reset using the instructions recommended and it continued happening so I just gave up.  Hope this helps you figure something out. Standard smile

Message 232 of 557 (1,057 Views)

Hero

@beebray

did you upload to mediafire ? Unzipped without a name ?

It's really hard to know which saves come from whom if they're not zipped and labeled with user name. 

There was a lot of files uploaded so were they yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 233 of 557 (1,042 Views)

EA Sims Team

@crinrict @beebray

I see beebray's file in Box.  Thanks beebray!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 234 of 557 (1,031 Views)

EA Sims Team

@beebray

Using your save file I can't get the houses to disappear.  Do you remember what you did prior to the houses disappearing?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 235 of 557 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Novice
I believe it happens when I create a new household. Once I try to move them into the neighbourhood, all of the lots and families I put in are gone.
Message 236 of 557 (1,013 Views)

Hero

Hi @beebray

that sounds like a different issue.

Sounds like you're starting a new game instead of creating a family in your existing game.

EA/Maxis changed the way how you add a new family to your save. You need to open the save first and then click on the button in the lower right corner to create a new household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 237 of 557 (1,002 Views)

★ Apprentice
I ultimately deleted the save file actually since it had happened twice and the game was also lagging like crazy after more research I came to the conclusion the save file was currupt
Message 238 of 557 (979 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've been having the same problem. However on the map, all the houses appear to be there, but when I actually go to play a household it's just a big patch of grass.

I am using mods, cc and cheats, but I do my best to keep them updated and remove conflicting or problematic items. Most, if not all of my lots are from the gallery and I have just about every expansion up til date. I play on a 4gb MacBook Pro and I have about 223gb left on the hard drive. Most of the lots in all neighborhoods are affected.
Thanks in advance
Message 239 of 557 (923 Views)

★★★★ Guide

!!Somehow I reproduced the issue AGAIN!!

I was playing with my main family called "Tarandel" as usual and everything was fine...
Then, I was travelling to Magnolia Promenade for a dinner and one lot next to the restaurant disappeared and the others were replaced with the old lots from the basegame.

I'm not sure what happened to this bug return but what I can say is: a lot of Sims of all neighborhoods aged in the same time including two of them in my family.
Maybe it's not linked at all but the lots disappeared after that by my observation. I must be wrong too...

Now I have both save files, one before and one after the bug: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0oummDS-DPgdmptTWxfWkRTdVE?usp=sharing
The save 4 is the old (no bug) and save 3 is the newest (with bug).

PS: This is a new savegame.

No CC and No Mods.

Message 240 of 557 (854 Views)