Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

by Cannedelf

Original Post

Hero

Each Patch adds content, each EP/SP/GP does so that's a big factor.

You may be able to run patched base game only and if you haven't lowered all the settings to minimum, you can try that too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 557 (4,403 Views)

★★ Novice

I just loaded the game now and I open the save which didn't have any the lots and they are back! 

The issue has only ever occurred when I load into my save file, lots or sometimes house will be missing from the map then when I exit and reopen the save the problem is still there (until today that is). When I load an older save from the same game the problem won't be there at all

These are the saves any way, I don't know if they will be of any use because the one which originally didnt have lots now seems to have them back

SAVE WITH LOTS

SAVE WITHOUT LOTS

Sorry if you open the save and the lots are there; when I loaded it and they were missing it was the library and cafe in Windenberg that were missing

Message 92 of 557 (4,403 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

I don't have the means to check them myself atm but I'll pass them on to a community manager.

There will be no feedback tough but saves always help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 557 (4,397 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your time

Message 94 of 557 (4,394 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How do i do that?

Message 95 of 557 (4,391 Views)

Hero

You can lower the settings in your game options (all graphics stuff to low)

To unisntall any EPs you might have, you'll need to uninstall the base game which in turn should uninstall everything and then just reinstall the base game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 96 of 557 (4,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, are you sure this is all i can try except getting a new laptop? 

(I could play with get to work and outdoor expansions before with my laptop?)

Message 97 of 557 (4,379 Views)

Hero

You can try if it works with just one expansion, then try if it works with two, and just have these but it's a lot of work

Your also putting a lot of strain on your computer which can lead to problems all on it's own.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 98 of 557 (4,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ? Yes
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ? Not often. I sometimes download rooms in the gallery.
  • Which expansion do you have ? Base, Get to Work, Get Together, Spa Day, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout Stuff
  • What's your operating system ? Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1    Intel Core i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, 8.0GB RAM, AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
  • Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ? Only the hospital public area is gone.
  • When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ? This occurred when I arrived at the hospital.
  • Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ? The sims are still present, just the whole lot is gone.
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in) ? 7.31GB currently.
  • Anything else that comes to mind ? Not really. 
Message 99 of 557 (4,352 Views)

Hero

Did you save your game ? If not, can you simply exit without and see if a restart has the same issue ? Do completely shut down your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 100 of 557 (4,346 Views)