Re: [INFO REQUEST] Houses/Lots disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: missing lots

Hero

@tessalov wrote:

this has been happening for a while now

every now and then my lots will disappear and i dont know why??

while i was playing today my sim went to work at the hospital and the hospital disappeared ??

dose anymore know whats happening??

Merged your thread. Could you answer the question on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 557 (6,961 Views)

Re: Why is theSims 4 police station is gone?

★★★ Novice

528 gigs

Message 22 of 557 (6,960 Views)

Hero

Have you tried loading a backup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 557 (6,948 Views)

★★★ Novice

please explain how?

thanks

Message 24 of 557 (6,929 Views)

★★★ Novice

could this be because i downloaded homes from the gallery ? 

Message 25 of 557 (6,923 Views)

Hero

@silveropen wrote:

please explain how?

thanks

Instructions are given on the first page.

I really don't know what's causing it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 557 (6,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
  • no , never used
  • Do you download houses from the Gallery ?
  • not until this happened added some to see if when I went into them if they ould still be there but found that my people can not age up and have gone back in age (had a teen about to age up and now she is back at 13 days to age up and will not let me age her up with cake..

• Which expansion do you have ?
  • all current just got the spa one but this happened before I got it..

• What's your operating system ?
  • windows 8

• Which house(s) are gone ? NPC Houses ? GTW lots ? Your own ?
  • it has gone back to looking as it did when I first bought the game as I had upgraded pretty much every house but all vacant lots and original houses

• When did this occur ? When you loaded the game or on traveling ?
  • It happened when I left to go to main menu was saving the game that I had been in and an error box came up saying error not loading with an ok button nothing else, sorry didn't take a screen shot

• Is just the house gone from the lot or the Sims too ?
  • just the house the sims are still there but I have taken them all off and last night spent about an hour deleting houses and adding some from the gallery just so I could play

• How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in)
  • heaps space available

• Anything else that comes to mind ?
  • it all started after the last update that happened on the  07/10/2015. I have one family on a lot where I have built a house and made them and they are working fine, I can go in and out of that one fine but everything else and all other lots come up empty lots

I have shut down the game and restarted, done a clean on my laptop, cleared the cache, I have always just saved the game so don't know how to try at a different time

Message 27 of 557 (6,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Are you using mods and custom content in your game ? If no, did you remove or never use ?
  • A: There may be some from the content I download.
  • A: Yes. I downloaded the lots from the Gallery.
  • A: I have all the expansion packs for Sims 4
  • A:Windows 8.1
  • A: All lots. The neighborhood is completely empty as if I've downloaded Newcrest for the first time
  • A:Loaded the game after playing for several hours
  • A: Entire lots are gone. However, the sims that i created and the lots that a saved in my folder from the Gallery are still where they were saved but again, the neighborhood is completely empty. 
  • How much disc space do you have left on your hard drive (the one where the user folder is in)
  • A:not sure offhand
  • Anything else that comes to mind ?
  • A: This did not start happening until Newcrest was first downloaded. I thought it occurred when Origin had an update. But it recently happened after I left Newcrest and created a family in another neighborhood.
Message 28 of 557 (6,808 Views)

Hero

It's just Newcrest and your family and everything else is still intact ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 557 (6,806 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having this problem for a couple of days,

this was the question I asked:

"In my Sims game, all buildings have disappeared on the lots. It looks as though the game has reset itself as any buildings I have built have been replaced with the previous buildings. I haven't built many new houses in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs so when a house I built disappeared, I only thought it was that one, until I went into Newcrest. Most lots in Newcrest had been built on and they were all gone. When in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek, you can see the original buildings on the map, but when you go into them, there is nothing there. I have the Get To Work and Outdoor Retreat packs and the Hospital, Police Station and Science Lab has disappeared as well. My Sims are still fine as I'm aware, only the buildings have disappeared. I wasn't too concerned about this at first, so I began rebuilding all new houses again. Everything seemed okay, until I went back into the game, everything had reset once again, I had lost all of the buildings for a second time. I haven't rebuilt anything since then and I'm not going to until I know it will stop. I do have some mods, but I downloaded them quite a while ago and I have had no problems with any of them ever.

I don't know what's happening and it is really frustrating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You."

I have got some mods, but I have never had an issue with them before.

I have, but not all of my houses are downloaded.

Holiday, Get to Work & Outdoor Retreat.

All of the above.

Couple of days ago, when traveling.

Only the houses.

Thank you.

Message 30 of 557 (6,794 Views)