★★ Apprentice

I've also tried doing a Clean boot but its still giving me the error message

Message 71 of 81 (962 Views)

Re: [INFO REQUEST] Can’t run with the Video Card in this System

Hero

@Lord-of-Trash101 wrote:

I've also tried doing a Clean boot but its still giving me the error message

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 81 (955 Views)

★★ Novice

I began having this problem today.  For the last several weeks, I've been playing Sims 4 on my laptop, but today received the message that it cant run with the video card in this system.  I turned off origin in game and this didn't help.  I uninstalled and reinstalled origin and this did not help.  I updated my drivers and this did not help.  Can you give me any advice?

Message 73 of 81 (926 Views)

Hero

@purpleT123004 wrote:

I began having this problem today.  For the last several weeks, I've been playing Sims 4 on my laptop, but today received the message that it cant run with the video card in this system.  I turned off origin in game and this didn't help.  I uninstalled and reinstalled origin and this did not help.  I updated my drivers and this did not help.  Can you give me any advice?

Answered your thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/My-sims-4-had-worked-fine-now-it-says-my-video-card-won-t-work/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 81 (919 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know it's an old thread, but I spent hours Google-researching and even spent time with EA/Origin technical support trying to figure out the issue--NOTHING worked. I, too, received the "Cant run Sims 4 with the video card" error. I have a very capable video card (Radeon RX 480), and through my own digging, discovered that this issue is commonly caused by Windows 10 complications. Specifically, I believe it is a Microsoft Visual C++ issue when running it on Windows 10. Some people have success uninstalling/reinstalling the redist files in the _Installer or vc > vc2013 folders, but I did not. I gave up, but hours later did one last search to try to rectify this issue. I came across this VERY helpful page with a list of several tips. Please seek it out and don't give up! The specific issue that worked for me was this: 

Solution 8 – Change the command-line arguments

1. Start the Origin.
  2. Go to My Games section and right click Sims 4.
  3. Choose Properties.
  4. Find the Command-Line Arguments textbox and enter this:
  5. -w und
  6. Click Apply to save your changes.

I don't know quite enough to know what this does or why this particular fix was successful; maybe someone else can figure it out. But it definitely worked for me. I'm going to post it everywhere I can and hopefully others can be helped in the future! I'm so excited to finally play the Sims again. Standard smile 
Message 75 of 81 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OML SWEET JESUS THANK YOU! ive been trying to fix this problem for like 3 hours now. ive tried everything else and my card has more then required. but thank you thank you thank you. bless your soul <3

Message 76 of 81 (853 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much!

Message 77 of 81 (826 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! Since Parenthood dropped, my sims game hasn't worked! I eventually just gave up until i stumbled onto this thread! 

Message 78 of 81 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i have been looking now and i still cant find a fix to my problem. Ive been trying to fix it all day

Message 79 of 81 (620 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@WOWOreo 

Please read previous replies in this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 80 of 81 (619 Views)