Original Post

Re: [INFO] Game not activating issue - Please post here

★★★ Novice

Report ID   07b2a1eb800172b8

Message 151 of 207 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's my first time playing The Sims and since I was not 100% sure it would run on my computer I decided to try to Game Time first. Everything was fine but ever since the 48 hours ended I've been having the same problem as everyone else. It works with Spotflux but this issue really needs to be fixed.

1. Is this your first time installation or are you reinstalling the game ? - I reinstalled it like 5 times.
  2. Did you buy the DVD or Download Version ? - I bought the DVD. 
  3. Did you try the Game Time first ? - Yes.
  4. What country are you in ? - Bulgaria
  5. Which default input language are you using for your WINDOWS? It might be worth testing whether you are able to proceed if you set it to English. - English.

6. Are you using any kind of proxy or VPN software to connect to the internet? - I tried Spotflux because I was desperate.

Also my report ID is: 07b2b0487001757c

Message 152 of 207 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

@bernahan wrote:

@kkursatcakin wrote:

Hey i passed the activatio screen via using VPN. I can playing the game right now.

If you dont have any idea to do that. Here is the steps i fallowed.

1. Firt thign we need VPN program. Spotflux is great for this. You can search from google. Every other VPN programs not worked for my connection.
  2. Download and install Spotflux program.
  3. After intallation, doubleclick Spotflux system tray icon to open options windows.
  4. We have a country selection on the top left of the window. I select the "USA (autoselect)" option. This works good.
  5. After county selection press the button texted "No Protection". It will turn to green from orange. And we connected.
  6. You can test connection from here. I'm from Turkey. But it show me in United States, Fremont.
  7. Game must be passed the activation screen after all this. 

I hope this will help you. But this not meaning this issue is solved. EA, you still have to work on it

Yes, thank you so much. ıt worked perfectly

Im from Turkey too. Teşekkürler, Allah razı olsun kardeş Standard smile

i did same thing i am from croatia and now it works thank you

Message 153 of 207 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Novice
  1. Is this your first time installation or are you reinstalling the game ? Yes first time
  2. Did you buy the DVD or Download Version ? DVD
  3. Did you try the Game Time first ? No
  4. What country are you in ? Gibraltar
  5. Which default input language are you using for your Windows? It might be worth testing whether you are able to proceed if you set it to English. English

6. Are you using any kind of proxy or VPN software to connect to the internet? No

My Report ID is: 07b2b7c1700175ad

Message 154 of 207 (1,543 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm happy to help all of you. 

You do not need the use this VPN method everytime. Just use it to pass the activation screed. After that game will not need VPN to launch the game again.

This methot fixing nothing. Only giving fake location to EA server to pass the activation screen Confusedmileyhappy:. If EA not fix this issue i am gonna add new step. Attact to Electronic Art with plasma gun XD.

Message 155 of 207 (1,527 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@azeez3 wrote:

@kkursatcakin U r the best xD worked for me ... i can play OMG  really i can play :D xD

VPN worked !! try it guys 

Thank you. I may not a best but i know i'm faster than EA Confusedmileyvery-happy:

and all other  of you enjoy with your game Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 156 of 207 (1,525 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@000-POWER wrote:

Are we forced use vpn? It is **bleep**.

Why ea blocked our countries? (Turkey)

I dont think EA is blocked Turkey. All of the people posted this issue is not from Turkey. I saw different countries.

and all other  of you enjoy with your game Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 157 of 207 (1,524 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@bernahan wrote:

@kkursatcakin wrote:

Hey i passed the activatio screen via using VPN. I can playing the game right now.

If you dont have any idea to do that. Here is the steps i fallowed.

1. Firt thign we need VPN program. Spotflux is great for this. You can search from google. Every other VPN programs not worked for my connection.
  2. Download and install Spotflux program.
  3. After intallation, doubleclick Spotflux system tray icon to open options windows.
  4. We have a country selection on the top left of the window. I select the "USA (autoselect)" option. This works good.
  5. After county selection press the button texted "No Protection". It will turn to green from orange. And we connected.
  6. You can test connection from here. I'm from Turkey. But it show me in United States, Fremont.
  7. Game must be passed the activation screen after all this. 

I hope this will help you. But this not meaning this issue is solved. EA, you still have to work on it

Yes, thank you so much. ıt worked perfectly

Im from Turkey too. Teşekkürler, Allah razı olsun kardeş Standard smile

Pleasure is mine. Türkler her yerde Confusedmileytongue:

Message 158 of 207 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just purchased the game code from Amazon.

Used the code to download onto my PC from Origin.

Game appears in my library. When I try to play it, it ask for the product code again. I enter the same code and it says that the code has already been used. 

I am using a secure VPN.

I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. Same problem.

Using English. I'm currently in Israel but live in the US.

Live chat has been unavailable all day. Thank you.

Message 159 of 207 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A solution for me.  I went through the 16 pages of threads and found a thread to use Spotflux secure VPN.  I'm in Israel and was on Hola with a VPN for the US and it didn't work.  So give this a try: (See below)  When I finally connected and went to my library to start Sims again it said updating 99% and finished. Sims 4 started without asking me for a product code again or denying me my current paid for product code.

• First thing we need is a VPN program. Spotfluxis great for this. You can search from google. Every other VPN program has not worked for my connection.
  • Download and install Spotfluxprogram.
  • After intallation, doubleclick Spotfluxsystem tray icon to open options windows.
  • We have a country selection on the top left of the window. I select the "USA (autoselect)" option. This works good.
  • After county selection press the button texted "No Protection". It will turn to green from orange. And we connected.
  • You can test connection from here. I'm from Turkey. But it show me in United States, Fremont.
  • Game must be passed the activation screen after all this.  (Meaning log in to Origin and try playing Sims again with your current product code.)
Message 160 of 207 (1,509 Views)