IGO not available on platform Sims 4

by kushforbrains

Original Post

IGO not available on platform Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

It won't let me buy any packs or kits, it says IGO not available on platform everytime I try. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling origins and sims 4, I have a gaming pc so I don't understand why this is happening 

Message 1 of 7 (4,343 Views)

Re: IGO not available on platform Sims 4

@kushforbrains  IGO typically refers to the Origin in-game overlay.  Have you disabled it?  The option is under Application Settings > Origin in-game.

Regardless, you can buy the packs through the Origin app itself or through the website instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (4,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Does it need to be disabled or enabled? It's enabled right now, also I haven't tried purchasing them through the steam store just because I was worried I wouldn't get my money back if this didn't work but I will try it
Message 3 of 7 (4,303 Views)

@kushforbrains  The in-game overlay needs to be enabled for in-game purchases to work.  But if you play through Steam, perhaps the connection from the in-game interface to the Origin store is broken or not fully functional.

Regardless, buying through the Origin or Steam app should work.

Message 4 of 7 (4,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know this is an older post. But I have the same problem, the overlay is turned on for me and the issue still persists.

Message 5 of 7 (2,112 Views)

@wpxswolf  What are you currently trying to do?  If you want to buy more Sims 4 content, just use origin.com or buy directly through the app.  If it's something else, let me know.

Message 6 of 7 (2,074 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I was tying to add the free content, but I found a workaorund over steam, you have to search for it, but if you go to the DLC tab, its there. just have to look for it, cause its kinda hidden away.
Message 7 of 7 (2,061 Views)