I was only granted 500 points.

by fantuanss

Original Post

I was only granted 500 points.

★★★ Guide

Hey there.

So I registered a base game key, bought on steam, however when I click on register free simpoints, I was only granted 500 instead of 1000, as the sticked thread:

Redeem Bonus Content for The Sims 3:

Some expansion packs come with bonus content for players who register their game online. The most common bonus content is where The Sims 3 (base game) and World Adventures will each grant 1,000 Simpoints to a registered player’s account.

I'm keep trying to contact support but absolute no luck. Two supports keep refuse to add it. So I'm coming here to see if there is some solutions here. 

Message 1 of 2 (376 Views)

Re: I was only granted 500 points.

@fantuanss  There's no solution in terms of anything you can do on your own.  The Steam base game key has always come with 1,000 points, but it's possible something changed recently.  It's also possible that, if you bought the base game as part of a bundle, receiving 500 points is expected.  When I registered my disc bundle of the base game and Ambitions, which I bought back in 2010, I only received 500 points as well.  Apparently this was typical for some bundles back then, although I have no idea which bundles are affected.

If this is in fact by design, it would make sense that support wouldn't help.  But you can always try again, this time contacting EA Help on Twitter.  I'd wait until tomorrow (Monday) during U.S. business hours.

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (361 Views)