I want to play Sims 3 pets that I bought from Steam in Origin.

by hcaxjxy

Original Post

I want to play Sims 3 pets that I bought from Steam in Origin.

★ Novice

I bought sims 3 pets from steam last week. As an origin user, I originally raised the price of sims3 in the country where I live in Origin to about $40 so I had no choice but to use the discount on steam. But the only pets could not be identified was CD-key. Other purchasers of dlc did well, but pats buyers other than me used ea contact us to automatically install or refund the origin with their help. I wanted to get help with the ea contact us, but they listened to me and only told me that this was not a problem of ea and couldn't be solved. Even recently contacted staff told me about sims4. I talked about sims3... The employee's name was so angry that I remembered it and wanted to curse, but I didn't swear because they were people. And after that, even live chat is not available. What I am curious about is that live chat also has business hours? Also, what did the people who got help from the origin do?

Message 1 of 9 (675 Views)

Re: I want to play Sims 3 pets that I bought from Steam in Origin.

[ Edited ]

@hcaxjxy  I take it you're not interested in installing the game through Steam, which limits your options.  You can contact Steam support and request the key, which may or may not work.  Or you can contact EA support (again) with proof of purchase from Steam and ask for Pets to be added to your Origin account.  (You may need to wait a few hours for support to be available again, or else change the location in your browser window.)  I understand that this didn't work the first time, but perhaps you just found someone who didn't know what to do here.

This site can't really help with Steam issues.  But if you have another bad experience with EA support, please let me know, and I'll ask if there's something else you need to do here.  This problem can be solved, or at least it has been for other people in the same situation.  To my knowledge, those players didn't do anything special, they just explained the situation and provided proof of purchase.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (656 Views)

Re: I want to play Sims 3 pets that I bought from Steam in Origin.

★ Novice
I told them that I had submitted the receipt and transaction details that I had purchased from Steam, but I couldn't solve the return answer here. So I'm angry because I asked for advice here and there and all of them were solved by ea. And I can't do live chat right now.
Message 3 of 9 (646 Views)

please contact us your case number sims3 pets plz

★ Novice

Have any of the people who purchased the Sims 3 pets from Steam submitted receipts and evidence purchased from Steam to the elive chat and solved them? Could you tell me the case number? I talked to them on the phone, and they said it would never happen and asked for the case number. This is an 8-digit number that starts with #.

Message 4 of 9 (641 Views)

Re: please contact us your case number sims3 pets plz

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @hcaxjxy,

I'm sorry to hear that it's been so frustrating for you. But the good news is this issue can be resolved. Standard smile

Hopefully, this helps! 

- Leeloo

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (598 Views)

How do I get my product key from steam??

★★★ Newbie

How do I play sims 3 on Origin? I am living in China and bought it on steam but I cant even seem to log into my account? I just want to play the game on origin and not steam because I feel like that would resolve all of my problems. I cant even find the product key on steam so I cant even use that on the origin site?

Message 6 of 9 (522 Views)

Re: How do I get my product key from steam??

Hero
@texantravis You might have to contact Steam support to get your key, I don't think it's now possible to get it from the game library, many other players couldn't see the option to get the key either.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 9 (514 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@texantravis @mate54 

I don’t think Steam support will help with that either tbh.

If Steam support doesn’t help then you will need to contact an EA adviser and make sure you have proof of purchase etc, they should be able to add it to your account manually providing everything is verified etc.

To contact an EA adviser use the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Select Origin>Choose Platform>Manage Account and then choose the relevant topic or option and then select an available contact option

I would recommend using live chat for this.

Message 8 of 9 (509 Views)

@texantravis  I've merged your post with another thread for this issue.  Please see the post immediately above yours for more information.

If you'd rather skip this process and play through Steam, you should be able to do so, although I'm not completely sure that the newly announced China-specific version of Steam offers Sims 3.  The global one should though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (491 Views)