I've lost my saves

by ayitskaty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I've lost my saves

★★★ Newbie

yooo, so basically I went on the sims 4 and there was no 'new game' or 'load game', so I can't go onto my saves of previous sims, I was even doing the 100 baby challenge in one of them. Please help me get my saves back!

Message 1 of 7 (506 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I've lost my saves

★★ Pro

@ayitskaty 

They should be good to go if you move them back to the saves folder. You should be able to find them by launching the game and clicking the Load Game button on the Main Menu.

Deleting the localthumbcache.package is a good idea. It helps with troubleshooting and will generate a new one next time you play. Meaning, no you don't need to put it back. It's okay to delete it.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (462 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ayitskaty 
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin. If you have no mods, delete this file and fix the game also.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and to check if a game is working now without mods. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it does not work then we'll try another method later
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just before I do this, under mods there is a file called saves that wasn't there before with different 'slots' idk if that might be them or something, but im gonna try your method

Message 3 of 7 (479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ayitskaty 

If for example you have a save file like Slot_00000002.save or a backup copy like Slot_00000002.save.ver1 in your mods folder. Yes, these files are your saved game and a backup of that saved game. These are safe to move to the saves folder.

Also, if for some reason your saves folder is in your mods folder. You can move it back to the Sims 4 folder. To where it looks like this:

Sims4Folder.jpg

As the saves folder isn't suppose to be in the Mods folder.

To have the game recognize your saved games, the save files - Slot_00000002.save and their backup files - Slot_00000002.save.ver1 need to be in the saves folder in the Sims 4 folder.

Default path to Sims 4 saved game files:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

Hopefully I'm understanding your question correctly, and not confusing you more.

Message 4 of 7 (472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yaaaay so if I move them to the save folder then it'll be back in my game? Standard smile and do I need the localthumbcache.package file back?

Message 5 of 7 (470 Views)

★★ Pro

@ayitskaty 

They should be good to go if you move them back to the saves folder. You should be able to find them by launching the game and clicking the Load Game button on the Main Menu.

Deleting the localthumbcache.package is a good idea. It helps with troubleshooting and will generate a new one next time you play. Meaning, no you don't need to put it back. It's okay to delete it.

Message 6 of 7 (463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you for helping mee

Message 7 of 7 (457 Views)