Re: I've been trying to update the sims for weeks and nothing's worked

by LoveisLove767

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I've been trying to update the sims for weeks and nothing's worked

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, I've moved all my mods to a safe, separate folder. I've clicked on 'run as administrator' but it never seems to do anything. Nothing's working. What do I do? I know I've been here before, but I truly am hopeless with technology. ! I can provide more images to help answer questions. I so want to play the game again. Please help, i'd love it.H3lp.PNGAGH HOW DO I CHANGE FORUMS IM SORRY

Message 1 of 7 (427 Views)

Accepted Solution

@LoveisLove767  We've all been there at some point, totally missing the window or button or whatever.  Having said that, you're not missing anything.  This is a known issue with the current version of Origin.

To fix it, hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list to Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service, and for each, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply to save the changes.  Restart your computer, and try to download again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (370 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@LoveisLove767  You are in the Sims 3 forum - are you asking this question about Sims 4? It looks like Windows is asking permission to accept the download. A possibility is the Origin window make be blocking the windows asking for permission. What you need to do is minimize the Origin window and see if there is a window behind it. This has happened to me a few times.

Message 2 of 7 (403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm so humiliated. I must've missclicked. I'm sorry that you had to witness such a pathetic display of my idiocy. I'm going to go die in the corner of embarrassment. I'll just delete the sims. I',m so sorry for even bothering.

Message 3 of 7 (399 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Also, I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work........... hehew.PNG

Message 4 of 7 (381 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LoveisLove767  Origin is a stand alone program. Next I would download the Origin installer, uninstall Origin, and install from the download. This should give you the latest version of Origin. Do you have administrator rights to the computer you have the game installed on?

Message 5 of 7 (376 Views)

@LoveisLove767  We've all been there at some point, totally missing the window or button or whatever.  Having said that, you're not missing anything.  This is a known issue with the current version of Origin.

To fix it, hit Windows key-R and enter "services.msc" without quotes.  Scroll through the list to Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service, and for each, double-click, select "Disabled" under Startup type, and click Apply to save the changes.  Restart your computer, and try to download again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 7 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! It downloaded! Thanks to your help, I can play again! Thank you all so much, you lovely people you!

Message 7 of 7 (357 Views)