I've accidently deleted my GraphicsRule.sgr file!

by amongkylee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I've accidently deleted my GraphicsRule.sgr file!

★★★★★ Newbie

I accidently changed my GraphicsRule.sgr file to a note and don't know how to change it back to a file. Can someone please help me?

Message 1 of 2 (532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I've accidently deleted my GraphicsRule.sgr file!

@amongkylee  Just because it has the Notepad icon doesn't mean the file is broken.  The icon simply tells you what Microsoft has set as the default app to open .sgr files, as in, what it would use if you double-clicked.  If this is your only issue and the game runs fine, there's nothing you need to do.

If the game doesn't work, just delete the file and then repair: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  This will put a new, unaltered copy of graphicsrules.sgr where it belongs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (513 Views)

All Replies

Re: I've accidently deleted my GraphicsRule.sgr file!

@amongkylee  Just because it has the Notepad icon doesn't mean the file is broken.  The icon simply tells you what Microsoft has set as the default app to open .sgr files, as in, what it would use if you double-clicked.  If this is your only issue and the game runs fine, there's nothing you need to do.

If the game doesn't work, just delete the file and then repair: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  This will put a new, unaltered copy of graphicsrules.sgr where it belongs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (514 Views)